Prank Call (N/A)

Sounds like some people on the radio in Philadelphia- "Bob & Tom in the morning". I think they are syndicated.

It might be old but I'd never heard it. It's pretty funny. Thanks.

Sounds like some people on the radio in Philadelphia- "Bob & Tom in the morning". I think they are syndicated.

A lot of towns have "* and * in the morning" that do the same schtick down to the constant forced studio laughs. Maybe a "morning zoo."

One thing we have always had in Chciago is decent original radio guys. You could have heard what these guys do, and what Harold Stern does for that matter, a few months or years earlier here.

What we don't have is those damned laughers. Some radio management goof in a leather jacker elsewhere thought that up.

A lot of towns have "* and * in the morning" that do the same schtick down to the constant forced studio laughs. Maybe a "morning zoo."

One thing we have always had in Chciago is decent original radio guys. You could have heard what these guys do, and what Harold Stern does for that matter, a few months or years earlier here.

What we don't have is those damned laughers. Some radio management goof in a leather jacker elsewhere thought that up.

Yep, but Bob and Tom are broadcast nationwide (that is, in many many markets). One thing Chicago gave birth to was that jerk guy that went after Weird Al by making fun of the death of his parents....

Certainly not the kind of radio I like to listen to.

Yep, but Bob and Tom are broadcast nationwide (that is, in many many markets). One thing Chicago gave birth to was that jerk guy that went after Weird Al by making fun of the death of his parents....

Certainly not the kind of radio I like to listen to.

Mancow? He negotiated his way out of any job on the air so now he has a radio responsibilty act/pledge whatever, and wants shock jocks to sign and promise clean up their act....even though he was the worst no-talent shock jock ever. He was desparately seekings headlines after the "Hold your a wee for a Wii" stunt.

I used to look in to his studio becuase it's in the building where I work. Every time I thought, "That idiot is getting $2 milllion a year...."

It's Bob & Tom. They play nationwide. Funny as hell--I haven't listened to them in awhile but they have some pretty great skits.

Mancow? He negotiated his way out of any job on the air so now he has a radio responsibilty act/pledge whatever, and wants shock jocks to sign and promise clean up their act....even though he was the worst no-talent shock jock ever. He was desparately seekings headlines after the "Hold your a wee for a Wii" stunt.

I used to look in to his studio becuase it's in the building where I work. Every time I thought, "That idiot is getting $2 milllion a year...."
Driving from RFD to the restaurant this evening, we saw a sign for Mancow. He's apparently "landed" there. (I think the radio station has the "eagle" moniker associated with it or something.)

(Scott, that was Mancow we saw the sign for, right?)

Driving from RFD to the restaurant this evening, we saw a sign for Mancow. He's apparently "landed" there. (I think the radio station has the "eagle" moniker associated with it or something.)

(Scott, that was Mancow we saw the sign for, right?)

Yep it was. Glad to see him making it big in the small markets. He was not very funny or original.

Chicago used to be a very neat radio market with some really interesting original people. Steve Dahl was the predecessor of Howard Stern. For all the hemming and hawing that Howard does about copy cats, he fails to mention on the air but he did so in his books, that he followed Steve at W4 in Detroit after Steve left. The station mangers had Howard replace Steve and told him to follow that talk to audience about your life format that Steve was doing. Steve came to Chicago in the 1970s and took it in a different direction the Howard.

Jonathon Brandmeier is another original who recently returned to Chicago. He was very zany in his heyday and he sold more tickets at his concert at the Poplar creek music theater than any other act. That includes the Rolling Stones. His Wisconsin humor is still great to listen to but like Steve he has aged and is not as funny.

Thing that is sad is because of corporate radio we in Chicago lost a lot of the local guys, Now our market sounds no different than Philly, LA, or NY. Regular broadcast radio is boring, formulamatic, and stale. Satellite is not much better except you can be more edgy

Back