PPL Medical test Next week

Wings OF Fire

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Wings OF Fire
Hi All,

I am planning to take PPL medical certificate next week(3rd) so please advise me some things Do's and Dont's

Do be honest - Don’t lie. Not really any other advice to offer... it’s pretty well standardized.

Do a not-for-score consultation prior to the exam.

Don't omit anything on the form, state anything other than the absolute truth, snort cocaine prior to the exam, or get busted for DUI on the way there.

Do not eat high sugar foods 24-48 hours before edam.

even if you are not diabetic, eating lots of high sugar foods will cause lots of sugar to spill into your urine, causing you unwanted scrutiny from the doctor

You've gouda be kidding.
Doc Bruce has mentioned more than a few occasions where an airman ate a large bowl of a sugared cereal and it "rang the bell" on the urine dip.

The caution I said above is from his experiences.

Do a not-for-score consultation prior to the exam.

Don't omit anything on the form, state anything other than the absolute truth, snort cocaine prior to the exam, or get busted for DUI on the way there.

This! I hope you printed your MedXpress form after you filed it online. That’s the only way the AME can look at it BEFORE opening it in the “system”, which then makes it “live”...at that point a consult is all but worthless because the FAA already knows everything. There are a lot of flags that could potentially mess the whole thing up and make a seemingly easy process a nightmare.

snort cocaine prior to the exam, or get busted for DUI on the way there.
I suspect this part was supposed to be sarcasm, but it's important not to go to the exam compromised in any fashion, even just a transient cold or whatever. The doctor can't issue if you're not healthy.

Get enough sleep for at least a couple of nights before your appointment.

I suspect this part was supposed to be sarcasm, but it's important not to go to the exam compromised in any fashion, even just a transient cold or whatever. The doctor can't issue if you're not healthy.

Suspect? My, you're a suspicious sort..... :D

The aviator in question was 23 at the time, he bombed on into his local AME for a first class, he had a Horizon interview the next week. He had glucose in his urine and was deferred. His Stepfather was supportive and put him on a regional form Buffalo to Peoria. The young man rolled out of bed at 08:30 for his 09:00 apt, had a bowl of Captain Crunch and arrived at the office and he had glucose in his pee. I set him out for with three bottles of water, then another three, and told him to flush and after a bunch of 12 oz bottles of water, he was again positive. I asked him, what was he eating? He replied, "Almond Joy". I gave him three more bottles and we tried again. Still positive. I asked him if he'd eaten anything else. He replied, "Clark Bar". After three more bottles and telling him "I was concerned if he was Smart enough to work on a flight deck", At 1:00PM I got a negative and Called OKC. And how after how many tries did you succeed in getting a negative urine?"
"Three, sir"
"Issue him!".
"Yessir".

I kid you not. True millennial story from an "OK Boomer"

The aviator in question was 23 at the time, he bombed on into his local AME for a first class, he had a Horizon interview the next week. He had glucose in his urine and was deferred. His Stepfather was supportive and put him on a regional form Buffalo to Peoria. The young man rolled out of bed at 08:30 for his 09:00 apt, had a bowl of Captain Crunch and arrived at the office and he had glucose in his pee. I set him out for with three bottles of water, then another three, and told him to flush and after a bunch of 12 oz bottles of water, he was again positive. I asked him, what was he eating? He replied, "Almond Joy". I gave him three more bottles and we tried again. Still positive. I asked him if he'd eaten anything else. He replied, "Clark Bar". After three more bottles and telling him "I was concerned if he was Smart enough to work on a flight deck", At 1:00PM I got a negative and Called OKC. And how after how many tries did you succeed in getting a negative urine?"
"Three, sir"
"Issue him!".
"Yessir".

I kid you not. True millennial story from an "OK Boomer"

Final disposition: acceptable sugar level, unacceptable IQ. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back