PPL Instructor LA area

Nickolay

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Nick Gru
Hello! I'm going to start my PPL course. And I know, how important to choose a good flight instructor for 61 part. I need advice from you: how to do it better? Give me please contacts of best instructors in LA area. Or better to visit all schools around?

Go to groundschool.com and create a free account. That will give you access to our CFI directory. It contains over 2,000 CFIs with all of their contact info.

You pick the state, and the list comes out sorted by city. You get email, phone number, website(maybe) all in one spot. And we work pretty hard to keep it current.

Go to groundschool.com and create a free account. That will give you access to our CFI directory. It contains over 2,000 CFIs with all of their contact info.

You pick the state, and the list comes out sorted by city. You get email, phone number, website(maybe) all in one spot. And we work pretty hard to keep it current.
Thank you for advice. I'll do it. But may be somebody can recommend any good instructor?

Lake Elsonore, near Los Angeles.

Lake Elsinore isn't what I would call LA...

Assuming you need to rent a plane too. You should be checking out schools at French Valley (flyefi.com), Corona (flycorona.com), or Chino (Dubois Aviation). Choosing a flight instructor is a personal decision. You have to have good chemistry with the instructor. A good instructor for one student may not be the best fit for another, due to different teaching/learning styles. It is best to check out a few places and talk to them to see where the best fit will be.

You're going to need to fly at least twice a week, 3 is even better, to make your training efficient. Unless you love spending hours on the freeway, I would only be looking at training within about a 30 minute commute.

Lake Elsinore isn't what I would call LA...

Assuming you need to rent a plane too. You should be checking out schools at French Valley (flyefi.com), Corona (flycorona.com), or Chino (Dubois Aviation). Choosing a flight instructor is a personal decision. You have to have good chemistry with the instructor. A good instructor for one student may not be the best fit for another, due to different teaching/learning styles. It is best to check out a few places and talk to them to see where the best fit will be.

You're going to need to fly at least twice a week, 3 is even better, to make your training efficient. Unless you love spending hours on the freeway, I would only be looking at training within about a 30 minute commute.
Jeff, thank you very much for your good advices. I had a bad experience with the instructor's "chemistry" in Florida several years before... So, I see, that no another way, than to visit all nearby flight schools and speak with instructors there.

I recently returned to finish up my flight training. I’ve been working on this for nearly 15 years. I found a guy in Chino that has 2 planes and just starting his own school. He reviewed my logbook. Flew with me to asses my skills. Then he sat me down and Set out a plan. Over the last 6 weeks we have been working. He is always available and he has me on track to finish up before my 55th birthday next month. I highly recommend him. Suhail 909-952-8036

I recently returned to finish up my flight training. I’ve been working on this for nearly 15 years. I found a guy in Chino that has 2 planes and just starting his own school. He reviewed my logbook. Flew with me to asses my skills. Then he sat me down and Set out a plan. Over the last 6 weeks we have been working. He is always available and he has me on track to finish up before my 55th birthday next month. I highly recommend him. Suhail 909-952-8036
David, thank you very much for your recommendation! I'll call him.

Nick.. heads up... Suhail did what he promised.
I passed my check ride last week.

Look at who they use for phase checks. When I was instructing (I have not for a long time and things change) I always felt the best product was when I had at least one other instructor that we shared students. Maybe took a couple more hours to the license, but turned out a much better pilot. Even the examiners remarked that we had better applicants than other instructors.

Back