Pottstown Limerick (KPTW) Breakfast Fly-In

OtisAir

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
OtisAir
Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 — Limerick, PA. Fly-in/Drive-in Breakfast (Website). Pottstown-Limerick. (KPTW) - 54th annual Fly-in/Drive-in Breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, ham, juice, coffee only $6, $3 for kids. Static displays, R/C models, plane and helicopter rides, music, and fun.

From the web site listed above.........

September 7 - Fly-in Breakfast cancelled due to weather.

Gee, and I was thinking of going to that. Looks like a nice day out from here... I must be looking the wrong direction.

We're going flying "somewhere" late afternoon today after Sunday-Go-To-Meeting, a run over to the gym, and a horse show. Maybe a late afternoon run over to Chester County (KMQS) or down to the Flying W (N14) for dinner. I'll have to check the weather as I hadn't planned on flying today (KPTW is 7 miles up the road). Does Wyoming Valley up in Wilkes-Barre have a restaurant or one close by?

Another place I've been a long time ago is just over the New York line at Tri-Cities (KCZG) (Endicott NY). Its about a mile walk and it's a steak house (Russell's Steakhouse) that is absolutely amazing - it used to be anyway when I was there about 4 years ago. There is a huge fireplace inside and a winter or late fall flight for dinner up there is very nice. Not today though.... somewhere closer...

Ya'll Be Safe

Gee, and I was thinking of going to that. Looks like a nice day out from here... I must be looking the wrong direction.

I'm thinking the place is saturated from all the rain yesterday, it would turn into a mud hole.

Does Wyoming Valley up in Wilkes-Barre have a restaurant or one close by?

There is a Bistro across the road from the airport. There is a GREAT pizza place just up the road but you would need wheels, it's called the Victory Pig. I had to rent thursday from enterprise, there was no crew car.

Last edited:
Does Wyoming Valley up in Wilkes-Barre have a restaurant or one close by?

Ya'll Be Safe

This reply is a bit late for an afternoon flight, but yes Wilkes-Barre (Wyoming Valley) does have a restaurant. It's across the street, and a bit north. Less than a 5 minute walk. Hope you got out, was a beautiful day in the air, Adam and I went up to the EAA flyin at Braden. Good breakfast and a pretty good turnout.

Gary

Back