posting pictures and files

drgwentzel

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kobra
Can someone tell me how to post a picture in a thread or share a file or at least allow a file I have to be viewed? (*.doc, *docx or *.pdf)

When you create a response or original post to a thread using the full editor, scroll down slightly to see "Manage Attachments". It is there that you can upload permitted files and include them. Images will come across as a thumbnail. Documents will have a link.

After you hit "post reply" scroll down to the box that says "attach files" and select the button that says "manage attachments".

"full editor" not the "post quick reply", although from it links to images can be posted. On my screen the post quick reply is at the bottom of the screen; "Post Reply" which gets to the full editor is at the top of the screen.

As mentioned, you can click on the paper clip to attach a file from your computer. That way is shows up as a thumbnail at the bottom of the post.

If you have the picture someplace web accessible you can click on the "insert image" box and paste in the URL. Getting the correct version of the URL from some place like Picassa can take a little experimenting.

(This assumes you are using a computer of some sort and not a phone)

Postimage.org and imgur.com are places where you can upload a pic and get a URL to post inside a message (rather than as an attachment).

Back