Posting issues

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
Several times lately I've ended up with VB locking and timing out when I try and post a longer response to messages. Not super long, but long enough. It's not just Spin Zone, it's everywhere. This one will go through, but ones that are 20-25 lines will not.

Anyone else having an issue?

Several times lately I've ended up with VB locking and timing out when I try and post a longer response to messages. Not super long, but long enough. It's not just Spin Zone, it's everywhere. This one will go through, but ones that are 20-25 lines will not.

I've had a few not show up, but I may be forgetting the final post button, and yesterday Firefox crashed and didn't come back when I restarted after leaving it overnight. :mad:

I really HATE losing the posts where I've spent 20 minutes putting it together. Just happened to me on another site. I'm just not that good of typist.

What do you mean by locking up and timing out? Is it sitting in "Waiting for Reply" status?

I've had a few not show up, but I may be forgetting the final post button, and yesterday Firefox crashed and didn't come back when I restarted after leaving it overnight. :mad:

I really HATE losing the posts where I've spent 20 minutes putting it together. Just happened to me on another site. I'm just not that good of typist.

If one decides to write anything worthy of time in a web browser you really have to get into the habit of selecting all text and copying every few minutes..and be SURE to do that before you post. Eventually you start doing it without thinking.

If one decides to write anything worthy of time in a web browser you really have to get into the habit of selecting all text and copying every few minutes..and be SURE to do that before you post. Eventually you start doing it without thinking.

YeahIknow. I'm also having some problems with my mouse. I actually think I wore it out in a few years. :p

(Just got a gret deal on used Blutettoh set from an Amazon reseller. The mouse was great, then it didn't work after the first recharge. :mad:)

I do that. I had written a long post with references and had a copy of it to the side in Word. Then, when I moved to post it... the SZ is shut down. :p to the MC.

Tis ok... the kick was good so it would get me away a bit to finish the II.

What do you mean by locking up and timing out? Is it sitting in "Waiting for Reply" status?

It eventually returns the dreaded "website not available" error. I can post a short response and it goes right through.

Aside from the select/copy function, I've been taking to uisng the "preview post" function, which seems to not cause an issue.

Weird.

It eventually returns the dreaded "website not available" error. I can post a short response and it goes right through.

Aside from the select/copy function, I've been taking to uisng the "preview post" function, which seems to not cause an issue.

Weird.
Before you get that error what is the browser saying? "Connecting to" or "Waiting for Reply" ?

Don't recall. Will try it again and note.
k. Let me know. The first one means that you're probably not even reaching the server while the second one means that you've reached the server and you're awaiting the servers response.

If you are the only one experiencing this its likely to be the first one and probably something I can't control. If it is the second one it is a different story.

k. Let me know. The first one means that you're probably not even reaching the server while the second one means that you've reached the server and you're awaiting the servers response.

If you are the only one experiencing this its likely to be the first one and probably something I can't control. If it is the second one it is a different story.

Will let you know. HAve had the problem from three separate IP locations & three separate computers (work - static, home - static, Sprint EvDO card).

Back