Posting Anonymously

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Greebo said:
Posting Anonymously
In order to post anonymously in this forum, when you create a new thread or a new reply, in the Miscellaneous Options section (below the "Submit New Thread" button), select the checkbox next to "Post Anonymously?".

This will cause your post to display as "Anonymous" and no information about you will be displayed to the general public. You will still be able to edit your post to make changes or corrections, and you will also be able to choose to remove the anonymous flag from your post if you are so inclined.
I've read this a few times and have looked, but can't find that "Post Anonymously?" option under "Miscellaneous Options". Was this accidentally taken out with the template changes that were made?

Thanks,
Jason

I thought the title was "Posting Posthumously". Nevermind :)

HPNPilot1200 said:
I've read this a few times and have looked, but can't find that "Post Anonymously?" option under "Miscellaneous Options". Was this accidentally taken out with the template changes that were made?

Thanks,
Jason
Try logging out and posting as "unregistered" That might work.

NC Pilot said:
Try logging out and posting as "unregistered" That might work.

That's the old method:

Greebo said:
How to Post Anonymously - Old Method
In order to post anonymously you must Log Out of the forums using the Log Out link in the top right portion of every screen on PilotsOfAmerica.com.

Once you are logged out, you may return to this forum and enter a new post as a Guest, or enter an "alias" username under which to post your message. Whether you supply a username or not, your post will be submitted completely anonymously and nobody will know who wrote it. (See Caution, below)

In order to begin posting under your username again, you must log in again with your username and password.

This method is still permitted - but posts made with this method will not be editable.

...but in the post I originally quoted, it said you no longer have to logout since it's the "new way."

Hrmmm...

Jason

Were all friends here, Jason -just spill the beans.
Nevermind, we'll all just watch for an anon post!
J/K!!!

HPNPilot1200 said:
That's the old method:

...but in the post I originally quoted, it said you no longer have to logout since it's the "new way."

Hrmmm...

Jason

I was under the impression that the latest upgrade to vBulletein removed the ability to do it the "new way" and that everyone had to use the "old way."

I could be wrong though.

That's correct, we lost the "post anon" feature - you have to log out.

Back