Post lamp bulbs?

FredFenster

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Greg L
Does any one know the bulb number for the small instrument post lights? I've got a couple burned out, GE 330's are just a little too large. I couldn't find a bulb number on the base of them either.

GE 53 if you have a 14V system. You want a GE 356 if you've got a 28V system.

By the way, LED replacements for these are now available.

You sure they're burned out? Try rotating them back and forth a bit. That fixes almost every post light I've ever seen that's not lit. I can't even remember one that actually did have a bulb problem.

I did, one of them started working after swapping but I've still got one dead bulb. Its covered in red paint on the tip that looks pretty well faded and cracked, so who knows how old it is.

I thought about LED's and still might try them. For now a bulb for a buck will get the light working.

Does any one know the bulb number for the small instrument post lights? I've got a couple burned out, GE 330's are just a little too large. I couldn't find a bulb number on the base of them either.

If you get them going fast enough they will go in. They're designed to be a snug fit.

If you get them going fast enough they will go in. They're designed to be a snug fit.

They're definitely a smaller bulb, I have some other panel indicator bulbs that use 330's (one of those burned out on me which started this bulb adventure, and I thought I could rob a post light to take care of that one first) but the post light bulb fell straight through the 330's hole.

Bought some of the LEds from Allied Electronics. They didn't work in my Archer and work great in the Lance.

Baffled......

Low DC voltage LEDs are dimmable by definition. It is only when you want to run them from 110AC that you have a problem.

Jim
I don't understand how they are "dimmable by definition". The definition of LED is "light emitting diode."

With what I know about LEDs, the only way to dim them effectively is through a frequency modulator. Trying to dim them simply through voltage will give you a very small about of change in brightness before they completely shut off.

Back