Post flight inspection?

Someone missed something on the post flight,or the pax was hiding.

What a moron I Bet he hid in the lav after the FA cleaned it (or didn't bother because they had a long sit etc.)in a crappy attempt to spring a lawsuit...notice his whiny comments about "what if I had a heart attack or something" I'm not buying his story one bit and neither will United.

Last edited:
What a moron I Bet he hid in the lav after the FA cleaned it in a crappy attempt to spring a lawsuit...notice his whiny comments about "what if I had a heart attack or something" I'm not buying his story one bit and neither will United.

That or he was passed out drunk in the very back. Maybe.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was hiding in the lav. 15 minutes of fame and a $250 voucher! Yeeeah!

Funny, my friend is an Express Jet FO and something very similar happened recently on a flight he was responsible for. I think they canned the FA who signed off on the post flight cabin inspection.

I had a case where they didn't notice the guy in the lavatory on a trip from Japan to the US. The cleaning folks found him later when they were cleaning out the plane after the rest of the passengers had long since departed. He was sitting there on the throne with his pants around his ankle, stone-cold dead. He had had some kind of cardiac event.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was hiding in the lav. 15 minutes of fame and a $250 voucher! Yeeeah!

Funny, my friend is an Express Jet FO and something very similar happened recently on a flight he was responsible for. I think they canned the FA who signed off on the post flight cabin inspection.

Most airline procedures have a security person come aboard also and do a cabin search so I would find it hard to believe the FA would have lost their job.

What a moron I Bet he hid in the lav after the FA cleaned it (or didn't bother because they had a long sit etc.)in a crappy attempt to spring a lawsuit...notice his whiny comments about "what if I had a heart attack or something" I'm not buying his story one bit and neither will United.

Agreed.

He's pretty funny on interviews. Claims he called his girlfriend who didn't believe him and she had to convince the airline to go look. LOL

I call BS on this story. I cant believe that the FA missed him and possibly a cleaning crew for the overnight. Also I used to fly for Expressjet and I am almost positive no one locked that door. I don't even recall them having the ability to be locked. Now I could see him not being able to figure it out, but locked? Not likely.

There will most likely be a Paul Harvey side to this story. He should have taken it for a spin while he was there.

I call BS on this story. I cant believe that the FA missed him and possibly a cleaning crew for the overnight. Also I used to fly for Expressjet and I am almost positive no one locked that door. I don't even recall them having the ability to be locked. Now I could see him not being able to figure it out, but locked? Not likely.

In our airline after a terminating flight the cabin crew go through the cabin, then the cleaners come in and go through the cabin, then the security personnel come through the cabin, then the maintenance people do their cabin checks.

Maybe passengers should be tested for obstructive sleep apnea.

'locked the door?' Do jetliner doors lock? isn't the ramp supposed to be secure?

Can't open is very different from don't know how to open . . . .

'locked the door?' Do jetliner doors lock? isn't the ramp supposed to be secure?

Can't open is very different from don't know how to open . . . .

Don't know about airliner doors, but our C-130 had an Ace Hardware padlock installed on the door for when it has to go to deployments overseas. Real high tech. The 747 has none of the above.

I don't know why it was necessary, as it only deployed to Sydney Australia and Christchurch, NZ (at the South Pole Program hangar), and those are secure. You can't take an airborne infrared observatory to some third world rathole, because you need to be able to get ahold of cryogenic liquids.

The 747 has been to Christchurch and Stuttgart, Germany.

I used to work for an FBO with airline contracts. I can believe it.

The flight crew: been a long day, we're RON... *barely glance into the back of the a/c* ...ok we're done here, that hotel shuttle had better be here.

Second shift ramp: bags are off, everything else is third shift's problem, screw you guys I'm going home.

Third shift: I really wish second shift would do their job and clean this stupid a/c... *open cabin door* "Oh hi guys!"

Isn't the crew required to sweep from one end of the plane to the other, including the lavatories in the sweep?

If they performed such a sweep, then hiding in the lavatory wouldn't be possible.

If they didn't perform the required sweep, then what reason is there to doubt the passenger's story?

Something must have come up in vetting the story. The press has all but disappeared on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back