Positive GA TV Commercial

rpadula

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
PancakeBunny
I saw it on A&E yesterday during Sell This House (yeah, I was bored, recovering from the sniffles).

The story: couple loads up the moving truck, moves far away and leaves important papers behind. They're sitting in the office (bank office for closing?) wondering what to do, when their Coldwell Banker agent charges to the rescue in her Cirrus. Apparently retrieves the papers and runs into the office with them in a nick of time!

OK, the ad was a little clunky, but there were some pretty aviation shots in there. Anyone else see it?

-Rich

I saw it for the first time over the weekend. I was shocked.

I was going to mention it. It is a nice plug for GA.

BUT..when Jann and her brother closed on the sale of her Dad's house they had the same problem. They called me and I drove to the Kinko's down the street and FAXed the papers they needed. Isn't that even faster?

mikea said:
BUT..when Jann and her brother closed on the sale of her Dad's house they had the same problem. They called me and I drove to the Kinko's down the street and FAXed the papers they needed. Isn't that even faster?
Yes, but even in this day and age, there are times when a fax will not do. Real estate transactions have a lot of paperwork that falls into that category.

Yeah, I saw that this weekend too.

I'm not sure how to take it, positive or otherwise.

I think someone got a write-off on her flying machine though.

rpadula said:
OK, the ad was a little clunky, but there were some pretty aviation shots in there. Anyone else see it?

I haven't seen it. Does it end with the FAA coming in and charging the pilot with a Part 135 violation?

Len

Len Lanetti said:
I haven't seen it. Does it end with the FAA coming in and charging the pilot with a Part 135 violation?

Len

No, the plane falls out of the sky because no flight plan was filed, :)

and because it was a Cirrus.

Last edited:
Anthony said:

Hmmm. Has all the makings of a Part 135 violation. Something of value owned by another was carried from one airport to another. Unlikely that the real estate agent was going to do that same trip at that exact moment. The real estate agent received payment as she wouldn't have gotten her commission without the important papers.

Possibly though the conveyance of the important papers would be considered a component of her job responsibilities (ie she could have gotten the papers by driving her car).

Len

Anthony said:
No, the plane falls out of the sky because do flight plan was filed, :)

and because it was a Cirrus.
Ha! Even better, the pilot deploys the chute, falls thru the skylight into the conference room, and hands over the papers to the escrow agent just as the FAA bursts thru the door with guns drawn and arrests the pilot for violating the ADIZ...

Back