Pop up NOTAMs

lancie00

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
lancie00
Our uncontrolled airport is currently repaving a bunch of the ramp and taxiways. Because of this we seem to have several pop up NOTAMs closing various ramps. For example, I just received an email that says there is a NOTAM closing a taxiway starting 3 minutes ago. If I was in the air already, there is no way I would know that taxiway is closed. How much trouble could a pilot get into by not knowing about these NOTAMs? Do I need to check for NOTAMs before I land?

That's BS.

Have a talk with the airport manager, there is zero excuse why that type of NOTAM can't at least be issued a day in advance.

I thought you were talking about those pop up TFRs when I read the title, which are also BS, but security, the children and all that jazz, but a construction NOTAM, zero excuse why one of those should just "pop up"

I'd start the dialing.

Many airport NOTAMs are pop up in nature, and there is no rule stating they have to be otherwise. Often times, especially on a phased construction project, the schedule is fluid and NOTAMs are issued as necessary. Field condition NOTAMs are also issued often and may change during your flight.

Eff it man.....land wit yo middle finga high in da sky. Tell em to move dat shizzle pronto while you sip sweat tea under the wing.

Eff it man.....land wit yo middle finga high in da sky. Tell em to move dat shizzle pronto while you sip sweat tea under the wing.
Gross...

Back