Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Flying Club with over 30 Members

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Rent from FBO

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Flying Stolen Airplane from Secret Underground Location

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
Hmmm. I'm the 7th vote for 3-30 member flying club, and at least 5 of our members are on PoA... :D

Rent from a non-equity club-style FBO with (I think) over 400 members and about 13 aircraft. Those aircraft include a Champ, 310, Bonanza, 182, Sierra, a few 172s (including G1000), a couple 152s, a R44 helicopter, an Archer, and a Waco!

That is an incredibly cool mix of toys.

Are there any Navy clubs left? I can't think of any.

Still a very few USAF clubs hanging on. Langley still has one last I checked, but their fleet is a fraction of what it used to be.

Pensacola was noted. Lemoore and Jacksonville still have clubs. I think Monterey closed and I'm not sure about Millington.

Pensacola was noted. Lemoore and Jacksonville still have clubs. I think Monterey closed and I'm not sure about Millington.

My friend works at March (RIV). Besides the usual C-172s the Air Force club operates 4 T-34s at I believe 130 something per hr. Now that would be a good rental!

Club with over 300 members and 13 airplanes. I've scheduled a plane last minute on a beautiful Saturday morning, but it is rare to be able to do that. A week or more lead time is probably a better idea.

If anyone is looking around for a club to join, look at the features of the club -
rental vs ownership? You get some extra options if members share ownership of the airplane.
Insurance? Does the the club provide it to members or do you have to pay extra for your own?
Managment? Is the club managed by an owner or is the club president elected?
Airplane cost vs rental? If there's a monthly fee, it might be cheaper to just rent commercially. If you pay $60/month membership fee, but fly one hour/month at $100/hour, then your cost is really $160/hour.

Mine's kinda complicated.. I own solo.. I own with a partner and I own with partners.. LOL..

I don't think I'd get in a club with elections involved, too much like an HOA then, and those suck donkey balls.

I don't think I'd get in a club with elections involved, too much like an HOA then, and those suck donkey balls.

Most HOA remind me of a feudal system with me as a serf but doesn't a club has to have somebody at the top? If its the Club manager, somebody has to hire/fire like a Board of Directors in our case.

Cheers

Most HOA remind me of a feudal system with me as a serf but doesn't a club has to have somebody at the top? If its the Club manager, somebody has to hire/fire like a Board of Directors in our case.

Cheers

All you need is one omnipotent benevolent dictator that actually knows their stuff, best way to run anything. It's the elections which bring out the power struggles and *******s.

Not really - We have a great club. With elections. Very little "feuding" and very little turnover on the BoD. Those who are on the BoD want to be there.

In the 7+ years I've been in the club, we've had the same president, we're on the 3rd VP (which is now me, one turnover was due to a former VP losing his medical and leaving the club), the 3rd treasurer (2nd one was me, from about 3 months in until a couple years ago), the 3rd secretary (again, one of the turnovers was due to a medical and club exit issue), and the same maintenance officer. Enough turnover to keep things moving forward, but enough consistency to keep day-to-day things working well and not have to try the same ideas over again.

Back