Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flyboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Kinney
Please post your opinion on using titles for reflecting forum experience.

Last edited:
Flyboy said:
Please post your opinion on using titles for reflecting forum experience.

Looks like we posted our polls at the same time. :)

This should get Chuck's attention.
;)

Flyboy said:
I like yours better, lol

LOL! Hey, I finally found a way to vote twice! It's a good thing it took me two hours to figure out how to make a poll. :)

I still want BUFF. And that's not because I am a stud.

They should allow the user to reflect the type of things he'd rather be, CAPTAIN, Admiral, PILOT ATP, whatever. Maybe we should just pick them ourselves.

silver-eagle said:
I still want BUFF. And that's not because I am a stud.
That wouldn't be BUFF, as in the favored nickname for the B-52, would it? Yikes!!! :eek:

I think that people who visit regularly will know who posts a lot (and who's posts are valuable), and new people will gain little from such rankings. After all, one only has to look at the AOPA webboard to realize that the frequency of posting is hardly a reflection of the value of one's posts. Let the words speak for themselves - after all, a "Fixed-Gear Single" might have more to offer than a "Light Jet" (or whatever). The number of posts is already shown anyway, for the folks who are concerned.

If you want people to get a sense of how this community values each individual poster, let the members "rank" each other. Give me the option to click on a member name and rank them. If I don't know someone, I won't rank, if I see their posts as valuable, I'll say so. If I think they are wasting space, I'll say so.

But I prefer simplicity, no rankings, no titles.

Back