POH binder

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
Hey guys,

The 3 ring POH binder for my 185 has some cracks in it and just doesn't look that great, does anyone have any leads on where I can get a Cessna 185F 3 ring binder, or a generic "Cessna" 3 ring binder.

Thanks

Yeah I've seen that, being this simony being replaced for cosmetics, it would be nice if they had a photo.

Yeah I've seen that, being this simony being replaced for cosmetics, it would be nice if they had a photo.

can't help you there if yer too lazy to call Yingling...

Is it just me.... Or does the name Yingling seem a bit cheesy for a aircraft supplier company name..:dunno::dunno::confused:........:confused:

might be cheesy but they've been giving great service for many years...

If you're willing to accept a really generic binder, you might try Staples or Office Depot -- and then write "Cessna" on the cover yourself. I'd suggest bringing a page from the book with you so you can match the hole spacing.

You can get the binders that have a pocket on the outside so you can just XEROX the first page and stuff it in there so it's clear what's inside.

There's on AFM on the Navion but I have a half a dozen supplements that keep in a small three ring binder along with the equipment list and the limitations book and my own condensed version of the W&B procedure for my particular airplane. Did it prior to taking the plane on my Instument Checkride. Keep the various inspection dates (Annual, transponder, my medical, etc...) on the first page of the checklist as well.

I spent about a month looking for a good generic leather one 8.5 by 5.5 that I could get embossed "Airplane Flight Manual" and never really found anything within reasonable cost without a huge production run. My favorites are newer Bombardier ones. The Embraer Phenoms aren't horribble either but are a 6 ring not a three ring.

I guess I'll stick with a cheap Avery one. It has already started splitting at the binding because the very cold weather and plastic doesn't get along.

Other option is a day planner type thing, but I don't care for the zippers or leather buckles. There may be a personalization option if you were to order one.

Last edited:
Not my POH, but I've got an old zip up three ring binder that the aircraft logs and the 337's are in.

If you're willing to accept a really generic binder, you might try Staples or Office Depot -- and then write "Cessna" on the cover yourself. I'd suggest bringing a page from the book with you so you can match the hole spacing.
Heck or even Walmart. They are standard 8.5X5.5 binders. They've been used for calendar books and other things for, must be 30 years. I used to use them all the time (I think I may even have one that's about 25 years old)

All depends how fancy you want it. I've had them in vinyl and leather and cordura and zippered and unzippered

Back