PoA Mini Fly in today

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Jesse and Lance Fisher flew down from Minneapolis today to do some glidering with me. Wind was strong but we got them each a flight in the clubs Blanik. Had a ton of fun, both flew very nicely. Also hung out with Matt Michael and he showed off his Flybaby and I showed off the Glider. Then Lance showed off the Baron. Jesse didnt show off anything. Lance flew first with me, took a high tow and tried to work some weak lift, no luck so we landed. Was like an escalator on final with full airbrakes and such a strong headwind, quite fun. I took the controls, held the wings level and Lance got out and Jesse got in. Lance hooked us back up to the towplane and off we went! No wingrunner needed! Lance then took Matt up for a quick flight in the Baron, lucky! Jesse took a lower tow, to 2000 feet and messed around trying to learn how to move his feet again :) Did a nice job and made another vertical approach to landing. Went out to lunch/supper and had a great time talking gliders and multiengine flying. A great time was had by all!

Attachments

• DSC00845.JPG
    DSC00845.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 22
Dang.. Sounds like I missed a good one. I got your phone message and PM today, but we had already planned on flying over to Muscatine for lunch with my parents. They were towing a glider at Muscatine as well. Don't think he got much lift going either. He departed as we were about 10 miles out, called release as we were touching down and was back on short final as we were walking out the gate to the car.

I'll have to try and stick around next time Lance and Jesse come down this way. Sorry I missed you guys!

-Chris

Back