PoA Maintenance 7-27-2010 11:40 CDT

jason

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Jason W (FlyNE)
I'll be taking the board offline in about 19 minutes. It shouldn't be down for more than 5-10 minutes.

This new format is interesting.

I just switched it back. The horizontal is their default style now. I had to set it back to use the old style (with the avatars on the left).

Jason-

I had to log in today (no biggie), also the "new post" is missing from the bottom like the Red Board.

Thank you to you & Jesse.for all you do.

Jason-

I had to log in today (no biggie), also the "new post" is missing from the bottom like the Red Board.

Thank you to you & Jesse.for all you do.

I think one login is pretty normal. I upgraded the guts of the system. I'm sure it cleared out the persistent logins that existed at the time so that it could recreate them with the new version. If it happens more than once, please let me know.

The missing menu bar at the bottom has also been pointed out by Bill S. I'm sure that I must have updated one of the templates last night. I know it was there at one point. I'll work to get it back in there today.

What happened to my "iFlyAzTruck" name? :(

Hmm, the display name isn't displaying. It's still in your profile. I'll work to get it back in there. Nice catch...

Yeah, I was first wondering if it was just gone entirely, but then noticed it being in my profile. One of the things I really like about this board is all of the unique names people come up with and how they rotate.

OK, the nav bar is back with the ever popular bottom "New Posts" button.

Took three times but I finally got the login to work. I found that when you use the correct user name one can have far more success.

Funny how that works. That must be one of the new features...:idea:

Yeah, I was first wondering if it was just gone entirely, but then noticed it being in my profile. One of the things I really like about this board is all of the unique names people come up with and how they rotate.

Ok, I found the code. I'll see if I can take a few minutes today to hack it back in while my son is napping.

Any other issues that anybody is seeing?
Polls seem to work ok. I looked at a few other things and have not seen any anomalies.

The only visible difference is Forum column no longer have the 'This forum read' link under the Forum name link. That is ok with me. I would hit that sodding forum read link whenever reading PoA from my iTouch or Milestone.

Polls seem to work ok. I looked at a few other things and have not seen any anomalies.

The only visible difference is Forum column no longer have the 'This forum read' link under the Forum name link. That is ok with me. I would hit that sodding forum read link whenever reading PoA from my iTouch or Milestone.

Another change is that the "Member List" link in the top nav has moved into the "Community" menu (in case anybody is looking for it).

Didn't there used to be some reference to which post was being replied to?

Now at the top of each message is just the date in the blue (or green) bar.

Wow, good eye. I'm still working on that one...I wasn't sure if anybody would notice. :)

"Mark this forum read" function seems to be missing ??

Paul

N1431A

That was mentioned earlier. If you go into the forum you'll see that function under "Thread Tools". I know it's an extra click though. I'll see if there's an option somewhere.

Ok, I found the code. I'll see if I can take a few minutes today to hack it back in while my son is napping.

Display names are displaying again.

Wow, good eye. I'm still working on that one...I wasn't sure if anybody would notice. :)

This functionality has been made somewhat irrelevant in more recent versions of vBulletin because each quoted comment is linked back to the original post ID, but I've gone ahead and hacked it back in to display like it used to.

This functionality has been made somewhat irrelevant in more recent versions of vBulletin because each quoted comment is linked back to the original post ID, but I've gone ahead and hacked it back in to display like it used to.

It's helpful in the case where someone doesn't quote any of the
text, but is still commenting on a post (other than #1).

Anyway, thanks to you all for your efforts with the upgrade.

I agree, there is still the "Quick reply to this message" button (which I used for this reply), which will retain the thread data for the postbit without actually quoting the original post...so there is potential value. If they just start typing in the Quick Reply box, however, there is no tie to the post that they're replying to so it has nothing to tie it back to. In practice, i don't see a lot of replying without quoting. It had a LOT more value when the quoting system didn't link back to the quoted thread.

It takes quite a bit of hacking of the internals to get that thread information in the top bar. And that hacking has to be carried forward every time we upgrade. No biggie, just a cost/benefit thing. I don't mind supporting it for now. Thanks for keeping me honest. :)

Took three times but I finally got the login to work. I found that when you use the correct user name one can have far more success.

"Knock three times on the ceiling...." :D

Jason,

Still being prompted to 'Login' everytime I enter the site. Both Firefox and IE.

Thx,

Greg

Jason,

Still being prompted to 'Login' everytime I enter the site. Both Firefox and IE.

Thx,

Greg
Please verify you're using the login box on the upper right hand corner and you are selecting "Remember Me".

Please verify you're using the login box on the upper right hand corner and you are selecting "Remember Me".

I am also having the same issue. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer.

Verified. I've used the login and remember me in the message box, and in the upper right hand corner.

I get the 'Thank You' message, then redirected...sometimes it holds my login, sometimes it is immediately gone. Just now, replying to this, I've had to login 3 times. Strange.

Thx,

Greg

Verified. I've used the login and remember me in the message box, and in the upper right hand corner.

I get the 'Thank You' message, then redirected...sometimes it holds my login, sometimes it is immediately gone. Just now, replying to this, I've had to login 3 times. Strange.

Thx,

Greg

Which browser and what are your browser settings wrt accepting cookies?

Jesse / All,

Login problem fixed. I deleted all of the cookies under pilotsofamerica.com.

There must have been something in there that was in conflict.

Greg

Jesse / All,

Login problem fixed. I deleted all of the cookies under pilotsofamerica.com.

There must have been something in there that was in conflict.

Greg

Great to hear, Greg. I was just looking through the settings to make sure everything was set correctly.

Back