POA down when Godaddy got DDOSed

I was wondering about that. I've only heard bad things about GoDaddy. I do, however, personally recommend www.EMWD.com for hosting. No affiliation, I'm just a satisfied client.

I've been very satisfied with GoDaddy from both a stability and service perspective, and the price, while maybe not rock bottom, is quite reasonable given the number of times they've come to my aid.

The internet isn't an isolated place - sometimes things happen beyond your control. If we had recurring problems with GoDaddy, I'd be concerned, but this was a one time event.

Still, I'm always looking for ways to save money, so I'll check out EMWD to see how they stack up. :)

Hrm.

Well, Web hosting is fine if you don't tinker with what you've got under the hood, but I do... and when they have links on their main page that mention "dedicated servers", and I click on it and get the same basic hosting info that I got for hosted sites, I don't consider that a great sign...

You probably know a lot more about this stuff than I do, and I'll take your endorsement of GoDadday. I know it only takes a tiny handful of vocal unhappy customers to make a company look bad. The silent majority syndrome (like politics!)

I've tinkered a lot with my site (a phpBB site). EMWD gives you a lot of tools to do that. The only thing keeping me from tinkering more is my lack of tinkering skill.

I've had mostly good experience with EV1 over the years. They have merged with ThePlanet now and have some really great prices on full dedicated servers.

http://www.theplanet.com/

I've had mostly good experience with EV1 over the years. They have merged with ThePlanet now and have some really great prices on full dedicated servers.

http://www.theplanet.com/

EV1 is supposed to be on the s* list becuase they took out a Linux license with SCO, and added to that bogus case.

Last edited:
Hi John:

This is Brian from EMWD. Thank you for the referral. You will find a credit worth a month of hosting in your billing account when you login next time. Most of our growth comes from client referrals and we like to show our appreciation.

Well, Web hosting is fine if you don't tinker with what you've got under the hood, but I do... and when they have links on their main page that mention "dedicated servers", and I click on it and get the same basic hosting info that I got for hosted sites, I don't consider that a great sign...

Thank you Greebo for pointing out the dead links. We just moved to a new system that runs our web site and we have not finished with tying up all the loose ends. We offer customized dedicated servers only however we were debating whether or not we should advertise our dedicated server product online at this time. We decided not to so those links have been fixed.

Please don't let that oversight give you a bad impression of our services. We have been in business for over 8 years and have seen solid growth year after year. We really our dedicated to our clients and their online experience.

Fly safe everyone,
Brian

Well, I'll say this for them. They're attentive to potential new customers. ;)

Brian, tell you what, if you can quote me some starting prices for virtual and dedicated resources (PM to Greebo), I'll be happy to look over them. :)

This is Brian from EMWD. Thank you for the referral. You will find a credit worth a month of hosting in your billing account when you login next time.
Brian, I see the "live credit" in my account. Very nice! Thank you!

So, Brian... Have you ever considered learning to fly? It's great fun, like nothing else! :yes: :D :blueplane:

Go to http://www.beapilot.com/ or ask here for more info. :goofy:

I have never considered it. The more flying I did as a passenger the more nervous I became. I like my feet planted on solid earth. Its good for my nerves.

I have a few friends who fly and love it but I evidently am made out of different stuff. I get squimish just watching Apollo 13.

Thanks for the consideration though.

Brian

EV1 is supposed to be on the s* list becuase they took out a Linux license with SCO, and added to that bogus case.

They did. It was stupid. I bet SCO cut them a deal so cheap that it was cheaper than the litigation they would have faced if SCO would have sued.

They did. It was stupid. I bet SCO cut them a deal so cheap that it was cheaper than the litigation they would have faced if SCO would have sued.

EV1 said they thought that getting immunity for their customers from the SCO claim would be a competitive advantage. ...but you notice that no other ISP ever bought a license.

Last edited:
I have never considered it. The more flying I did as a passenger the more nervous I became. I like my feet planted on solid earth. Its good for my nerves.

Brian,

You'd be surprised how many PILOTS feel the exact same way. Heck, I don't like flying without being the one in control either. Another interesting tidbit is that pilots have a higher incidence of acrophobia (fear of heights) than the general population.

Give it a shot, you might like it. :)

Brian,

You'd be surprised how many PILOTS feel the exact same way. Heck, I don't like flying without being the one in control either. Another interesting tidbit is that pilots have a higher incidence of acrophobia (fear of heights) than the general population.

Give it a shot, you might like it. :)

He's right, I'm scared to death of heights, ask Michael or Mark how I reacted at just looking out a window from the room of Mark's condo in Las Vegas.

*shudders*

He's right, I'm scared to death of heights, ask Michael or Mark how I reacted at just looking out a window from the room of Mark's condo in Las Vegas.

*shudders*

I guess we cannot look forward to your trip to the Grand Canyon for a report on the new skywalk?

skywalk1.jpg

LOL. I like Snopes hotlink block image. Much better than tubgirl which was used by one place.

I see it now. And Ed's right, I could go another lifetime without seeing tubgirl again.

I have a few friends who fly and love it but I evidently am made out of different stuff. I get squimish just watching Apollo 13.

Thanks for the consideration though.

Brian
Brian,
If you're ever in the Boston area, call me. Free flight for newbies.
It is, afterall, one of the greatest thrills one can have with their clothes on (or off for that matter). I enjoy introducing people to the fun of flying. And it is NOTHING like flying in cattlecar airliners.

Hmmm.... I wonder ...how long before...........
some psycho decides to do a swan dive from this,
and they close it down, for everyone....!

And I thought it was to be "ALL GLASS"...??

Back