POA Caribbean Adventure Caravan

No, just a lot of interest among members to go cruising through the Bahamas without wanting to fly (and pay for) the 16 hour round trip from Chicago to the Bahamas. It's not a done deal yet, but they're working on the website, rules, etc. Flying during the winter is somewhat weather constrained in the Midwest, but not so much so in the Bahamas, so this keeps the plane in flyable weather year round. Down in November, back in April. Maybe a stop at Sun 'n Fun on the way back.

Actually if you get enough folks to commit and insurance will be ok with it, that sounds like a good idea!

AOPA has requested that pilots and pax be allowed to deplane and stay with the plane rather than remain inside a baking plane. They have not yet recevied a response from CBP.

They said the longest wait was like 2:45 just to get out of the damn plane. Good luck. I'll be interested to hear about your report. you might want to check the AOPA forum subsection on Carribean flying as they may have updates.

Someone needs to videotape that.....:mad2::mad2:.

2:45 is not acceptable... IMHO

Flew from Freeport to Ft. Lauderdale Executive (KFXE) this afternoon and CBP was fairly quick and low-pain. In a few minutes I'll post a quick update at the bottom of the Pirep section at the end of the Over Abaco post on my blog. Might post more there tomorrow as well if I think of anything.

Back