POA caps

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi All:

Does POA have caps or lapel pins or some stuff for sell?

I have a AOPA cap and I was thinking a "cap business" might go well.

Maybe a "Visited States" map with a POA logo on a cap.

Thanks;

Terry

Hi All:

Does POA have caps or lapel pins or some stuff for sell?

I have a AOPA cap and I was thinking a "cap business" might go well.

Maybe a "Visited States" map with a POA logo on a cap.

Thanks;

Terry

You have no idea the can of worms you just opened. :D

When the time is right, there will again be PoA merchandise for sale.

re POA caps:

I WANT ONE!!!! (but I'm poor and cheap, so lets make it a door prize at a flyin!)

Someone should add an explanation to the "inside jokes for the new people" thread...

Good point Kent. I'll add what I recall here first.

About 18 months ago we had the ability to order caps, shirts, jackets, etc. There was much debate prior to the launch of the merchandise.
Once merchandise became available (no stocking on POA's part) the orders came pouring in. As a result, some of the merchandise was significantly delayed in delivery. There was one person, in particular, who worked his tail off to make it work but it became too much for a volunteer. Subsequent to this occurring, the merchandise was no longer made available.

This is how I recall the situation. If any of this is inaccurate, please make the necessary corrections.

Last edited:
The general feeling was that CafePress merchandise is of poorer quality than most want; there is another outfit that makes great stuff, stocks and sends, but its name escapes me just now.

More later, in the exercise of discretion...

The general feeling was that CafePress merchandise is of poorer quality than most want; there is another outfit that makes great stuff, stocks and sends, but its name escapes me just now.

More later, in the exercise of discretion...
Average quality as compared to absolutely no merchandise whatsoever. Hmmmmmm

I agree, but Cafepress has a minimum order of one.

Good point Kent. I'll add what I recall here first.

About 18 months ago we had the ability to order caps, shirts, jackets, etc. There was much debate prior to the launch of the merchandise.
Once merchandise became available (no stocking on POA's part) the orders came pouring in. As a result, some of the merchandise was significantly delayed in delivery. There was one person, in particular, who worked his tail off to make it work but it became too much for a volunteer. Subsequent to this occurring, the merchandise was no longer made available.

This is how I recall the situation. If any of this is inaccurate, please make the necessary corrections.

And I was criticized for being reluctant to go down the merchandising path, to boot.
:goofy:

Funny, you'd think I'd maybe done this before...

Anyway, just FYI, the MC is, once again, looking into merchandising possibilities, since it's been raised again.

3053.gif

Not doing it is better than doing it wrong either way. :p

Oh boy...

LOL.

BTW, I think Michael did an amazing job with what he had to work with when he was doing the apparel. Its too bad it didn't work out right, as it was almost exactly what everyone wanted, just a few years later than they asked for it ;)

Oh I agree, there is absolutely ZERO fault to Michael on this.

Oh I agree, there is absolutely ZERO fault to Michael on this.

You should have seen the actual work that went into it! I was there (and helped once or twice) when the shirts, hats, etc. were piled up on his coffee table, boxes everywhere, packing slips, etc. Its amazing April did not freak out! He poured a lot into it, and I know it bothered him when it all came crashing down.

I don't think anyone blamed him, but I think he felt that they did. And while I have no idea if it contributed to his disappearance from PoA, its too bad he's not around much anymore.

From what I understand, it was the maker that created the problem. I'm guessing they put large orders above the little ones here.

I believe Michael (and Nick) busted their butts, but the supplier failed to live up to its promised performance.

I sure do like my PoA stuff, it is cool and VERY exclusive! Bling, bling.

You should have seen the actual work that went into it! I was there (and helped once or twice) when the shirts, hats, etc. were piled up on his coffee table, boxes everywhere, packing slips, etc. Its amazing April did not freak out! He poured a lot into it, and I know it bothered him when it all came crashing down.

I don't think anyone blamed him, but I think he felt that they did. And while I have no idea if it contributed to his disappearance from PoA, its too bad he's not around much anymore.
Nick if you are sitll in contact with Micheal let him know that I certainly do not blame him for what happened with the PoA stuff. I also have never heard anyone blame him either. The situation I have heard people express frustration but not any one person.

I believe Michael (and Nick) busted their butts, but the supplier failed to live up to its promised performance.

I sure do like my PoA stuff, it is cool and VERY exclusive! Bling, bling.

Whoa now, don't give me any credit, that was all Michael, I think I folded a shirt or two. I don't deserve a bit of credit.

Yeah I love my POA jacket....it's perfect when it's too cold for just a leather jacket but not cold enough for a parka.

We love our PoA shirts and caps. And I'm not aware of anyone who blames Michael or, for that matter anyone. Heck, as far as I know, no one was left paying for merchandise they didn't receive, or were they?:dunno:

Back