POA Aviation Media Forum Sucks

Does putting the offending drive-byers on ignore also automatically ignore threads they initiate? Or do you have to manually hide threads initiated by members you have on ignore?

I ignore about 90% of what's on here to begin with. The 2-3 video posts a week certainly didn't change that percentage much.

Teslas: don't care. skip
Interacting with LEO: don't care. skip
Airplane prices: not in the market. skip
New england spring meet-up: Only if you're paying for my gas. skip
Stop over recommendations FL -> MA: don't care. skip
Next word that comes to mind: Jesus, still? skip
Friday, joke day: God, another one? skip
Gallbladder removal 25 years ago: Call your AME. skip
New truck body styles: None have wings. skip
How to prevent lost logs: Are we Martha Stuart? skip
End of I Fly 740b: It was still around? skip
Water Pressure on Undeveloped Land: We're plumbers now? skip

I feel confident that handful of whiners that don't like videos can equally easily skip them.

I agree that 99% of my irritation is at the drive-by nature of posts from non-contributors who I've never heard of before (and will not after)

Is there a middle ground -- maybe like classifieds, where you are required to have 50 posts to put up a youtube link?

I ignore about 90% of what's on here to begin with. The 2-3 video posts a week certainly didn't change that percentage much.

I feel confident that handful of whiners that don't like videos can equally easily skip them.

At the risk of begging the question.. why are you here then? :D

At the risk of begging the question.. why are you here then? :D

To correct people misusing idioms. You meant to say "Which leads to the question". "Begging" a question is to ignore a question under the assumption it has already been answered. ;-)

But, seriously, the 10% is plenty to keep me coming back regularly. You don't seriously read most of what's posted, do you?

Trouble is I'll get bored and wade into a thread I've been ignoring and find some hilarious **** going on that I was missing. Like this one.

Sometimes you paint a picture with your words.
If one were to paint a series of pictures with their words at a high rate of speed. IE create a video with their words, would that thread get relegated to this sub forum.

What if I just create a normal thread but in the middle, casually mention flying eyes and remind people to smash the like button?

Sometimes you paint a picture with your words.
If one were to paint a series of pictures with their words at a high rate of speed. IE create a video with their words, would that thread get relegated to this sub forum.

What if I just create a normal thread but in the middle, casually mention flying eyes and remind people to smash the like button?
I'd hit LIKE and SUBSCRIBE. If it was really good, I'd be a Patreon.

To correct people misusing idioms. You meant to say "Which leads to the question". "Begging" a question is to ignore a question under the assumption it has already been answered. ;-)

But, seriously, the 10% is plenty to keep me coming back regularly. You don't seriously read most of what's posted, do you?

No, I meant to, and used the idiom as intended. Your utterance of "I don't (effectively) read anything here" when speaking of a written medium, does in fact ignore the question, which is why I facetiously begged it. But it's not as funny if you have to explain the punch line *womp womp* :D

fwiw, I looked at your list, and it looks like I have perused around 40% of it. I didn't contribute to most though, perhaps right around that 10%. In the end I'm here for the free snark though, and that you've done in spades already. Cheers!

No, I meant to, and used the idiom as intended. Your utterance of "I don't (effectively) read anything here" when speaking of a written medium, does in fact ignore the question, which is why I facetiously begged it. But it's not as funny if you have to explain the punch line *womp womp* :D

Sure you did.

In the end I'm here for the free snark though, and that you've done in spades already. Cheers!

Have a great weekend!

I have a similar question, i.e., how are people accessing the forum that causes them not to see media threads? :dunno:
I go to "recent posts," but I have that forum set to ignore, so those don't show up. Anyone who wants to see media posts would see them.

Hello?

-Skip

I really never noticed the change. I certainly don't mind that I don't see video led threads in the main areas anymore, but they weren't that big of a deal to ignore, as others have pointed out. I guess it felt like an effective spam filter...and really it might be. If people are using POA to drive traffic to other sites, I suppose I should be happy for them, but what's in it for me or anyone else here?

The complaint of "the free site isn't helping out my video production business/hobby anymore!" doesn't seem to ring out with any degree of actual importance.

But that said, I'm old, and can't wrap my head around why anyone over the age of 25 would want to watch themselves on video.

Hello?

-Skip

379273150a.jpg

Back