PnP - endangered species flight

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
Any Pilots n Paws pilots in Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico interested in flying some masked bob white chicks? I've never flown an endangered species before but it sounds pretty cool. If you're a PnP member its on the site, if not it is from Bartlesville Oklahoma to Tucson.

No catch really. 200 chicks need transport from Oklahoma to Tucson then they are on their way to Buenos Aries Wildlife Refuge in SW Arizona. How many opportunities do you get to fly an endangered species?

Last edited:
You say they're white chicks? And they're wearing masks, like in 50 Shades? o_O

13139216254_aefd943040_b.jpg

but these are all grown up. The chicks are tiny.

Hope you can fill the first leg. They look really cute! Too far away for us to step in...

So is it possible to over load the plane but still be under gross if half the birds are flying..?? :lol::lol:

It has been a long time since I have heard that distinctive call they make...

Hope you can fill the first leg. They look really cute! Too far away for us to step in...

I would think people would jump on this one. They won't be ready until "the middle of August" which means they haven't even hatched yet so we have some time.

I would think people would jump on this one. They won't be ready until "the middle of August" which means they haven't even hatched yet so we have some time.
Wouldn't it be easier to fly the eggs? Just fill up a carton or 2 and off you go...

They won't be ready until "the middle of August" ...
If we have 109F now (heat index 115F), how hot will it be in middle of August? Yikes.
Will 5,000' of rwy be enough for my IO-360 at the density altitude of satellite orbit? :D

I wish I was closer, I'd help.
FWIW, why not transport the eggs instead of the chicks? The heat and vibration in flight might help them hatch faster. ;)

I'm just a pilot and therefore not invited to the committee that decided how they are transported.

Wouldn't it be easier to fly the eggs? Just fill up a carton or 2 and off you go...

Then next thing you know someone will want to bring some bacon....and someone else will want some biscuits....and someone else will want some grits....

Then next thing you know someone will want to bring some bacon....and someone else will want some biscuits....and someone else will want some grits....
Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah NO.
These eggs have been fertilized.
I don't like eggs with crunchy stuff.
Plenty of those at every store nowadays. Yech.

But I like your idea. Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, toast, grits .... great, I'm hungry now. Look what you've done. Good job.

Back