plane rental

richmob

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Richmob
Where would I find people willing to rent out there plane? Im looing for a cessna caravan (or similer) to more or less lease for 90 days. I would be flying 10 days each month 8 hours per day so 240 hours total I was thinking 10000 half up front half after is this resonable???

Rich, I can't think of the magazine off the top of my head, but this Magazine is at most FBOs and it has phone numbers and rates for private charters. You can call those folks and ask around. Someone, always seems to know someone who can put you in contact with someone!!

Sent from my iPhone using An APP that doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

I was thinking 10000 half up front half after is this resonable???

If you accidentally left a 0 off of that number you might be in a ballpark someone would talk to you about dry leasing a Caravan.... for $10,000 ($41/hour) you might be able to dry lease a 172.

What are you using the aircraft for? Why type of airfields are you visiting? I know some folks that have dealt in dry leasing, but turbines ain't cheap!

Where would I find people willing to rent out there plane? Im looing for a cessna caravan (or similer) to more or less lease for 90 days. I would be flying 10 days each month 8 hours per day so 240 hours total I was thinking 10000 half up front half after is this resonable???

Who would be flying it, what's their experience level? That's alot of hardware for some SR20 or 182 jock.

Also like the other said 20k aint going to come anywhere near covering 240hrs in a 208, that's about $83hr, that's a 2 seat Cessna 150 rental rate.

Hey - it's a free country. Stop dumping on the guy. Maybe someone will lease a Caravan for less than a $100 an hour.

Hey - it's a free country. Stop dumping on the guy. Maybe someone will lease a Caravan for less than a $100 an hour.
Why should they, since as you say it's a free country. Is it only free for some?

I didn't get the impression they were dumping on him, just pointing out that his expectations might be flawed -- particularly since the OP was asking if his idea was reasonable and the posted answers indicated why they thought it is not reasonable.

My guess would be that it is going to be hard to find something to "rent" that is that big. You could always find something equivalent like you said, but actually finding someone who rents them out without their own pilots flying it...I would not see that happening. Insurance would be a bear. Just my 2 cents

They do have downward looking radar along the gulf & borders now, donchaknow?

:popcorn:

Who would be flying it, what's their experience level? That's alot of hardware for some SR20 or 182 jock.

Also like the other said 20k aint going to come anywhere near covering 240hrs in a 208, that's about $83hr, that's a 2 seat Cessna 150 rental rate.

It's not 20k... he was talking 10k total, half up front. I can't tell if he meant that number as some sort of lease rate just for the privilege of having the keys and would then pay an additional dry rate + fuel + pilot, or if it's just somebody with no idea what they're asking for.

I just assumed the 10K was up-front earnest money to cover insurance deductible and repositioning incidentals at the start of the lease, with the lease rate to then be paid weekly or monthly or whatever is agreed. Or something along those lines.

Back