Plane lands on road; no one killed!

Geesh they let those little planes just go anywhere. It is lucky that the thing didn't explode and kill thousands! Probably had a flight plan that prevented the explosion.

Wait, he landed using only the side window? Mine barely opens. Sounds rough with oil all over the windshield.

That's what you're supposed to do! put the plane in a slip so that you can see where you are going out the side window.

Still would be difficult. Very good landing though (walk away from - sounds like the plane may be used again one day)

Can't find it anymore, but there used to be some photo's / story on line about a (I think) Cherokee that landed on a road and had a head on collision with (I think) a Ford Ranger somewhere in Africa. The people in the Ranger rescued the people in the Cherokee (which burned to the ground) and were able to drive away...

I like hearing such news. Thanks for posting.

Most of the time you hear such things not everyone survives.

Can't find it anymore, but there used to be some photo's / story on line about a (I think) Cherokee that landed on a road and had a head on collision with (I think) a Ford Ranger somewhere in Africa. The people in the Ranger rescued the people in the Cherokee (which burned to the ground) and were able to drive away...

Ford trucks are tough! :yesnod:

I just rec'd a mailer from Wisconsin Avation promoting the addition of this AC to the training fleet.....

($139/hr)

I feel bad for the old lady in the car.

Can you imagine the call to the insurance company "I swear I was driving along and this plane just came up and rear ended me! I was driving slow and I guess he was faster then me...."

Back