Plane lands in Raleigh field

Wow! Now THERE'S a video shot that really adds detail to the story...an airplane, sitting on the grass, with the door open! Yikes! :) Sorry, not picking on you, I have just begun to ponder what the producers are really trying to accomplish with their video selections to go with their news stories. I'm really sick of talking heads standing "on location" in front of some building because something went on there that someone considered newsworthy.
"Curmudeon in training"

It might be good for GA for the public to see a little plane landed harmlessly in a field.

So today I was on my way home from work today and I look over in the cow pasture and there is this Saratoga sitting there. I was like OH GEEZ!!!!! Then I called the traffic watch people and they told me that the pilot had lost oil pressure and landed safely there.

So I went home and grabbed my camera (which I normally have with me, but I was in a hurry this morning) and by the time I came back it was too dark, but I will post the picture that I took later.

I landed chinook helicopters in no less than 8 fields around NC, you never see those on tv. dam media

Here are pics I took of that plane that landed in a field near my house.

1. Kinda blury but as good as I could do concidering it was dark when I came back.

2. This morning mechanics were out there to fix it.

Im not sure if they were going to fly it out of there or truck it out.

Attachments

• planelandlakewheeler 249.jpg
    planelandlakewheeler 249.jpg
    937.4 KB · Views: 14
  • planelandlakewheeler 252.jpg
    planelandlakewheeler 252.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 18
Back