Registration

Contact Web
Administration

FAA Registry
N-Number Inquiry Results

1pixel.gif

N618MW is Assigned​

Aircraft Description

Serial Number E-3643 Type Registration CorporationManufacturer NameRAYTHEON AIRCRAFT COMPANY Certificate Issue Date06/12/2008 ModelG36 StatusValid Type AircraftFixed Wing Single-EngineType EngineReciprocating Pending Number ChangeNone DealerNo Date Change AuthorizedNone Mode S Code52006636 MFR Year2005 Fractional OwnerNO

Registered Owner

Name CARPET PROS INC Street4537 ARTESIA BLVD CityLAWNDALE StateCALIFORNIA Zip Code 90260-3466 CountyLOS ANGELES CountryUNITED STATES

Airworthiness

Engine Manufacturer CONT MOTOR ClassificationExperimental Engine Model IO-550 SERIES CategoryResearch and Development Market Survey A/W Date10/03/2005
This is the most current Airworthiness Certificate data, however, it may not reflect the current aircraft configuration. For that information, see the aircraft record. A copy can be obtained at Http://162.58.35.241/e.gov/ND/airrecordsND.asp

Other Owner Names​

None

And its rated an "experimental... Strange..

Engine Manufacturer CONT MOTOR ClassificationExperimental Engine Model IO-550 SERIES CategoryResearch and Development Market Survey A/W Date10/03/2005

And its rated an "experimental... Strange..

Experimental, yes, but in the sub-categories of Research and Development/Market Survey (e.g., nobody is claiming it's a "homebuilt"). There are over 200 Beechcrafts in the US in those categories. Not to mention about 50 Boeing jets....

Ron Wanttaja

Experimental, yes, but in the sub-categories of Research and Development/Market Survey (e.g., nobody is claiming it's a "homebuilt"). There are over 200 Beechcrafts in the US in those categories. Not to mention about 50 Boeing jets....

Ron Wanttaja

I guess we will find out the details as the NTSB does its thing. MY question is. Does this type of experimental have the 40 hour single pilot rule, no flying over populated areas, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

I guess we will find out the details as the NTSB does its thing. MY question is. Does this type of experimental have the 40 hour single pilot rule, no flying over populated areas, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

Not necessarily. This type of experimental certificate is issued foe a certified aircraft that is not being operated within it's type certificate specifications such as a different engine, prop or some other mod. Once the testing is done and the FAA approves the change or the aircraft is placed back into it's original condition it will revert back to a standard airworthiness certificate.

What R&W said. This is a common practice and is how updates to existing aircraft get approved. Generally, the airplane is reverted to experimental for a period of time, at the end of which it must be converted back to standard certified condition, or the owner must apply for an extension.

Generally, the people doing the testing are going to have a lot of restrictions on what they do and how they do it, regardless of what the FAA says about it. They have no interest in crashing the plane.

What R&W said. This is a common practice and is how updates to existing aircraft get approved. Generally, the airplane is reverted to experimental for a period of time, at the end of which it must be converted back to standard certified condition, or the owner must apply for an extension.

Generally, the people doing the testing are going to have a lot of restrictions on what they do and how they do it, regardless of what the FAA says about it. They have no interest in crashing the plane.

It was a very nice looking Beechcraft too.

http://newshopper.sulekha.com/slideshow/california-plane-crash/896957.htm

It's been stated that all the early G36s were classified experimental due to a pending approval on the autopilot and that the cert would have changed to Normal Category a long time ago but the records might be out of date.

Thank you sir.. That explaination does make sense..

Ben.

It's been stated that all the early G36s were classified experimental due to a pending approval on the autopilot and that the cert would have changed to Normal Category a long time ago but the records might be out of date.

Now that's something I hadn't heard before! Very interesting.

The use of certificated aircraft as experimentals for development purposes is common practice, though, and what I'm familiar with seeing. Then again, that comes with my line of work.

Back