Plane down in NJ (SBY-MJX)

Pretty challenging weather yesterday in that area. I flew to Morristown from Kansas City yesterday evening and there was light-mod ice from 5000-10000 and legit moderate turb below 6000ft with significant LLWS. Not sure I would have enjoyed being in something that isn't FIKI or that has light wing loading.

Not a great day for flying in that area yesterday... downright nasty at times between the wind and icing reports.

It doesn't look wonderful today either - and I'll be taking off again around 5-6pm. Bumpy initial climb I imagine.

It doesn't look wonderful today either - and I'll be taking off again around 5-6pm. Bumpy initial climb I imagine.

I think the wind is supposed to die down by the afternoon, so it'll be a little bit better, right now KCDW is reporting 35kt winds.

Edit: this accident was on Saturday, not Sunday. Conditions were very good until the early evening on Saturday.

Last edited:
75? Maybe sudden medical event.

Really not a good day, even for FIKI with the thatoccasional FZFG/RA. I had a very important flight today (personal plane) for a friend, even with my well equipped, but non FIKI, plane, and even as a proficient ATP, we ground pounded it, and yesterday was worse.

RIP

Edit: this accident was on Saturday, not Sunday. Conditions were very good until the early evening on Saturday.

In that case disregard, and wouldn't even venture a guess, this would for sure be a wait till the NTSB finished case

Really crappy weather yesterday. It was gusting to close to 40 in IAD and went around due to wind shear.

Back