Plane down in MA

If it was an angel flight it sure seems like there are a lot of those lately.

Again, if this was an angel flight, does anyone wonder if we are seeing a sytemic issue perhaps of a 'get there itis' type of decision making that is causing a chain towards the accident?

In any case. Sad news.

From the report and the google map,.. it may be that the pilot flew it all the way in,... Looks like from the Google Map there are a lot of wooded areas around and small lakes. The store clerk states that the plane crashed in a area of the parking lot where people don't usually park,... sounds like it may have been an executed emergency landing gone wrong....

Sad to see this happen anytime, but especially to Angel Flights.

The weather looks good, but from the flight track, looks like they might of hit a IFR approach then gone missed?

Course they called it a cessna at first, but it looked different. My suspicions were correct that it is a V-tail. Thats 2 totaled in less than a week that I know of.

Last edited:

Adam
thank you for the web site

When I heard the news late morning I checked the weather and radar for eastern ma. It was not a pretty picture. Having flown up there for almost 30 years I still get very alert when I see lots of rain and clouds in the windscreen. The old New England description of weather is " Wait 5 minutes and it will change" is so true.
I panicked when I read the news for I knew an Angel Flight fellow pilot who I use to fly with for so many years. I am glad that he is safe but very sad about the loss of the folks who tried. I know that area very well and it struck home.
I flew flights here in Maryland for them when I moved to Maryland. Yes weather and the rush to get there can be really hard on the pilot.

Thank you for the web site

John j

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back