Plane crash....It wasn't me.

OffCenter

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
OffCenter
Unfortunately it WAS someone I know.
His Tomahawk went down, "apparently" on a long final to his
home field at 47N, Central Jersey. Early reports say the engine wasn't running when he hit.
He and his son were taken to the hospital with back injuries.
Fuselage broke in two behind the luggage area. Cabin seems intact. Looks like a controlled crash on a road under the final approach to runway 25.
http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps...Kategori=MULTIMEDIA02&Lopenr=104020801&Ref=PH

Wow! Whatever happened, he did a great job getting it down there. Weston Canal Rd/Schoolhouse Road - not a lot of room there. I'm guessing he landed on Weston Canal Road if he was on final to the airport. One side of the road, next to the canal, is full of trees and there are likely ditches on either side. The other side of the road- may be trees or not depending on the farmer.

Wow! Whatever happened, he did a great job getting it down there. Weston Canal Rd/Schoolhouse Road - not a lot of room there. I'm guessing he landed on Weston Canal Road if he was on final to the airport. One side of the road, next to the canal, is full of trees and there are likely ditches on either side. The other side of the road- may be trees or not depending on the farmer.

Not much room is right, Jack. Too bad he didn't make it to one of the open fields nearby.

I've really only paid much attention to that area from the ground, but my impression was these fields are small or oriented wierdly being cut into small parcels since the Revolutionary War. Not knowing what happened or where he atually landed, I'm just making a WAG.

Nobody hurt= good job! :thumbsup:
Shame about that Tomahawk, though... it was a nice one. But it protected them well.

There's a decent hay field just past Schoolhouse Rd., but he was probably already too low to make that, for whatever reason. Looks like the airplane came to rest a little way past where one would normally turn to final (more than 1/2 mile from the threshold). Not sure when the engine stopped, but I like to approach a bit high for just such an emergency.

Last edited:
I'd say your friend did a darn good job getting it down. Was that the Tomahawk that you flew?

No it wasn't, Adam. I did fly in that one once though, right after he bought it. It was a nice plane.
He bought that one because of me.
I took him for a ride in the one I fly and he liked it so much that he went and bought that one.

Ah Ok George I thought it might be the one you flew to the Angel Flight East Wings n Wheels at KLOM last fall. Hope the pilot and son are doing well.

Ah Ok George I thought it might be the one you flew to the Angel Flight East Wings n Wheels at KLOM last fall. Hope the pilot and son are doing well.

Well, I've heard that they climbed out of the cockpit on their own and were then taken to the hospital. Hopefully it isn't too serious.
The one I met you with is down for engine work, Adam.
Unfortunately TBO has arrived. The owner is exploring his options at this point.

Back