Plane crash in Russia - view from car

That is one scary video. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The people in that car hit by the wheel are lucky to be alive.

Yeah, A second later and that would have totally nailed them.

What I want to know is, does every car in Russia have a dash-mounted video camera and a direct link to YouTube? There are a bazillion Russian dash-cam videos of crazy things on the roads.

I've driven over 200,000 miles in my life, and have never witnessed anything out my windshield that's YouTube worthy. Do other people drive around with dashcams just hoping for a plane to crash in front of them?

What I want to know is, does every car in Russia have a dash-mounted video camera and a direct link to YouTube? There are a bazillion Russian dash-cam videos of crazy things on the roads.

I've driven over 200,000 miles in my life, and have never witnessed anything out my windshield that's YouTube worthy. Do other people drive around with dashcams just hoping for a plane to crash in front of them?

Count your blessings. The reason they have dash mounted cameras is because insurance fraud is ridiculously rampant.

Example 1 : BMW stops in traffic and backs into vehicle behind it
Example 2 : Guy throws himself into a car

You must not live near Miami, I just got back from Christmas vacation there and could've filled at least a two hour YouTube video.

I was wondering that myself.

Count your blessings. The reason they have dash mounted cameras is because insurance fraud is ridiculously rampant.

Example 1 : BMW stops in traffic and backs into vehicle behind it
Example 2 : Guy throws himself into a car

Wow that explains a lot. I wonder if its a cultural thing because in the late 80s and early 90s there was what I perceived to be a lot of insurance fraud in the Philly to NY area committed by Russian immigrants.

That's what happens when a society worships money, but neglects souls.

Fixed.

I bet you could get a lot of people to shoot themselves in the head if you pay them enough money.

Here's the aftermath video of the same accident that was originally posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR9alAlqo60

And the news story:
http://rt.com/news/plane-vnukovo-airport-moscow-073/

When I lived in Russia, one of the things that I noticed was that people were at that time took more photos and videos than I had seen back home in the states. But, everyday in Russia was an experience. It usually didn't take very long for something to happen. I don't mean in the context that planes just fall out of the sky, but car accidents, fights, police doing their things, etc.

I lived in a newer styled apartment building, and there was a McDonalds next door. I walked outside one morning to go to the metro, and as pedestrians were crossing the street, a guy in a Mercedes inched further and further into the crowd until finally a younger guy walks by and punches the hood of the car for almost running into him. The driver gets out with the car running, runs around and grabs a set of jumper cables out of the trunk, and chases after the pedestrian swinging the cables. Another pedestrian comes along, does a double-take, then jumps into the running car and takes off. As if this isn't enough, I look over to my left, and there is a police car with two officers in it. They are stuffing their faces with french fries, watching and pointing, but obviously not about to get out of the vehicle.

I've never heard about insurance fraud. AFAIK it takes a police report there the same as it does here. The only difference is one the police show up, how much are you going to pay them to write the report for you? So it wouldn't surprise me, although it would be on a different level that we're used to here.

That or really, really bad drivers... I had to stop this video after 7 minutes out of 70 because I just can't believe that many people can't drive.

It's OK. Most of them were from Asia, so that explains something. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back