Plane Crash at Gaston's

So sad, so preventible, :mad2: lessons for the rest of us...
Nina M.

Very, very true. Just because there are six seats doesn't mean you can fill them. Yes, I know there were only five people, but with bags, etc. And how many people these days are the FAA 170 lb standard?

Wow, that guy was an optimist. I guess there's not a way to stop some pilots from stacking risks like that. Too bad passengers had to die for his sins...

Yeah, but there really aren't any obstacles. There are a couple of trees down at the end, but it is possible to go between them.

Wow, that guy was an optimist. I guess there's not a way to stop some pilots from stacking risks like that. Too bad passengers had to die for his sins...

That's 3190' to climb ABOVE a 50' object, not that you need 3190' and then lift off. Take off should have been a non issue if done correctly.

Our the guy could have even tried a flaps takeoff. It would most likely have made all the difference in the world!

The NTSB references a video.

Any idea if that video is available for viewing?

That's 3190' to climb ABOVE a 50' object, not that you need 3190' and then lift off. Take off should have been a non issue if done correctly.
Assuming the aircraft was developing full power - and I've flown plenty of them that obviously are not.

Back