PIREP: Fergworld

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
http://www.fergworld.com

Five out of five stars for this website. This is a wonderful website dedicated to the serious aviation enthusiast. A true land of plenty, one can spend a long time at fergworld.com (and one has) due to the sheer variety.

Are you having trouble with holding patterns? Why not go to the training section. There you can learn in a very effective and clear environment just how these things work. Then, test yourself and see if you've become a master of the hold or an ATC nightmare! Is the ADF nothing more than an AM radio to you? Why not hop on over to the ADF trainer. You may be humbled at first, but after a few minutes, you'll learn how this tool can enhance your situational awareness. You can have hours of fun, or torture, in the training section alone of fergworld.

Maybe you'd like to relax and read a bit about your addiction--whoops, I meant "hobby." Goto the "articles" section and enjoy some aviation reading.
For more entertaining and enlightening reading, goto the "travelogues" section and live vicariously through Ryan on his many interesting trips. Are you a professional pilot? You will want to head on over to the three areas dedicated to you, "Instructor's Corner," "ATPs," and "For CFIs." (Hint: even if you aren't a pro, go there anyway--you won't believe the amount of information and discussions Ryan has uploaded.)

Ryan's even got a PIREP section which features detailed reports on a few aviation products. I hope he will continue to add to this section.

Enjoy!

This one has been in my Favorites since I started flying. Ryan has done an excellent job of gathering and generating a wide variety of flying-related material for all of us to enjoy. I couldn't agree more, Ben!

Ryan's a good guy. Done a lot of hangar flying with him, but only really flown with him once, a beautiful night flight down the coast from Orlando to Palm Beach and back. Just because.

This is a guy who bought a new Pitts S-2C when he was a student pilot, flew it a couple hundred hours, then added a Twin Comanche. He has since sold the Pitts, but flies the Twinkie all over the country, including a number of Orlando-San Diego trips.

Sharp guy.

Back