Pirep: Dare To Dream KFXE

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Just had two enjoyable days of flying in south Florida starting a Cirrus transition. Little bit bumpy, some nasty crosswinds. Couldn't complete due to time constraints. Wife was understanding and gave me up for a couple of days, but, we were on a joint vacation. Flew with Chris who is the owner. Facilities are in he Banyan terminal building second floor. Chris is a very personable guy, good instructor, very laid back and easy going. I felt at ease. Plane was a relatively newer Cirrus (2008) but all their aircraft are either Cirrus or Diamonds. Consequently rates are higher than if your were to rent a worn Cessna or Piper. But, I believe you get what you pay for. I can only say I had a great time flying over Southern Florida for a fun 10 hours. More than I've flown in the last quarter of 2014. Highly recommended.

Disappointed with follow up. Been asking for almost 3 months for training records so I can pass along to group here in Chicago that will complete the training. Numerous calls, texts, messages - no response. Spent $3,500 in a couple of days. Seems they are happy to take your $$$$ but don't do the follow up. He's lost an annual customer.

Disappointed with follow up. Been asking for almost 3 months for training records so I can pass along to group here in Chicago that will complete the training. Numerous calls, texts, messages - no response. Spent $3,500 in a couple of days. Seems they are happy to take your $$$$ but don't do the follow up. He's lost an annual customer.

IMHO,

Follow up here and customer service in Florida is pretty bad. Could you get someone to stop over there? It could also mean that particular training facility is closed for good. That happened to me when I first started learning how to fly here in Florida. The school just closed down.

Next time ask for that info up front BEFORE dropping your money. They would have to comply!

IMHO,

Follow up here and customer service in Florida is pretty bad. Could you get someone to stop over there? It could also mean that particular training facility is closed for good. That happened to me when I first started learning how to fly here in Florida. The school just closed down.

Next time ask for that info up front BEFORE dropping your money. They would have to comply!

I should have but never expected them to be unprofessional about it. They have to keep records for Cirrus.

IMHO,

The posts on their FB page are old, 9 months to a year. Except for one posted this morning. Hopefully that gets a response.

I posted that one this morning.

I'm going to be in Fort Laud in a few weeks if you like I can go over there and take a look to see if they are still there. PM me the place and I will go and take a look!

They are still there. I stopped in that office last Monday with a fellow club member...we had been flying a Diamond that he rented there.

@asgcpa PM me with your phone...maybe I can have my fellow club member look into that for you (he trained there and rents often) or I can go myself and help somehow.

Luis.

Back