PIREP Bruce Everett

OzPilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
OzPilot
PIREP Bruce Everett (Tailwheel Endorsement)

Just finished doing 4.7 hours with Bruce to get my tailwheel endorsement out of Wings Field (KLOM). :D

Have to say he is a great bloke and good to work with in completing this endorsement in the Citabria he has access to. Currently $183 per hour for the plane and Bruce.

He also does spin training and other aerobatic work if you are so inclined.

Last edited:
Oz,

You got your tailwheel endorsement in 4.7 hours? Very impressive! Did you have any previous tailwheel time?

So what's next? Have you started shopping for a Super Cub?

Doc

Hey Doc,
I have a few hours time in an Extra 300L, but never for landings and only 2 takeoffs. :sad:

I've been flying a lot lately, so I guess I was just lucky for that hour time if that is considered low. Probably just being coordinated with controls, stablized approaches and quick on my feet. Mainly crosswinds over the few days we flew, so probably had that steeper learning curve initially.

Endorsed after 12 landings, but I went out for a lucky 13th which turned into a nice one wheel crosswind landing.

We also did about 40 minutes in a training area with some wing overs and other manoeuvres, so I will definitely go back for more of that. Bruce was an unlimited aero competitor for a long time.

As for what's next, I'll get a US CFI to endorse me for my complex (not sure why, but I have been told by two insurance companies over here, that they want an FAA certified instructor endorsing this rating, rather than my Australian one) :goofy:

I have access to a Husky in the Texas panhandle, so I wouldn't mind taking that out when I go out that way, see parts of Colorado as well.

I am also working my instrument. Just doing theory now and have to go through the Alien TSA approval process for that before flight training (as it isn't a conversion, but a new rating... I am only a green card holder). I'll most likely use Ted for that after I get access to a plane nearby.

Sounds like fun. I emailed Bruce a few weeks ago. I'm hoping to get a few tailwheel hours combined with light acrobatics this summer once I move back to Philly area.

Any pictures?

No pictures of the tailwheel endorsement flying unfortunately.

I might go and take some pictures/video during the additional spin training.

I also highly recommend Bruce. Did the Tailwheel last year with him which really sharpened my flying. Took me a little longer, but who's counting with all that fun footwork happening!!

After the endorsement, I did spin training, and had a blast learning. I still go fly with him because he always tries to teach you something, very polite and knowledgeable.

Want a good conversation, talk to him about Va and Turbulance. One of the best in-depth discussions about aeronautics and flying I have had in a long time.

Back