Pirep: B-Kool Beats the Heat in Arizona

Kevin Crozier

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin Crozier
Last weekend I was heading to Phoenix, Sedona, and Page, Arizona to do some air to air photography.

Now that we are living in Texas we have discovered that EVERYTHING is air conditioned. Well, in my case not quite everything, as the Bonanza doesn't have AC. Not being able to spare the downtime and the cash for the built in AC, I rang up Bob Stephens at B-Kool and asked if he had a system that would work for me and help make Texas summer flying tolerable. He said "Absolutely!" and he would have a system waiting for me when I arrived in Sedona.

Sure enough when I arrived at SEZ on Thursday, Bob personally greeted me with my new AC unit, explained how it worked, how to get the most runtime from the ice, where to put in the airplane to get the best efficiency. After completing our photo flights on Thursday evening and Friday morning, Bob was there to see us off to Page, AZ for the next flights. While Thursday had been relatively cool in Arizona, by Friday things were beginning to warm up, so Bob took me over to his hangar and filled my B-Kool with ice for our short flight to KPGA.

And then it happened, I got in the cockpit, turned on the master, turned on the B-Kool and a very powerful stream of COLD air flooded the cabin. I started the engine and we were on our way in cool comfort for the entire somewhat bumpy flight to KPGA. By Saturday it was really starting to warm up. We completed our photo flights in Page and it was off Phoenix (KPHX) to drop off passengers. Arriving in PHX the sign on Cutter's ramp announced the OAT was 100F, I knew at this point I would put the B-Kool to the test. After my passengers were on their way to their commercial flights, Cutter provided me with 2 bags of ice to fill up my B-Kool. Again I closed up the airplane and flipped the switches. Within seconds, I was cool and comfortable listening to the PHX ATIS, getting a clearance and taxing out to the runway. The B-Kool worked flawlessly through my departure and while PHX departure held me down low to clear the bravo. Finally, as I was able to climb through 9000 I clicked the B-Kool off because I was getting COLD. Three hours later I began my descent back in to the warm, humid air of central Texas and clicked the B-Kool back on. Much to my surprise it still blew cold and kept me comfortable all the way through descent, landing and taxi. After landing, I actually didn't want to get out of the airplane, knowing that hot, humid air was out there. Eventually I did, and as I transferred gear from the plane to the car, I dumped the contents of the B-Kool out. Much to my surprise there was still ice in the B-Kool. It would have kept me cool even longer!

I can't say enough great things about my B-Kool, I know my family will appreciate it this summer as we head out on our vacation trips. The man behind B-Kool, Bob Stephens, is the real deal as well. He goes out of his way to make is customers happy and ensure they are satisfied.

If you want to B-Kool this summer, then you need to get yourself a B-Kool!

Kevin

Nice writeup, Kevin. I'm just curious. What is the N-number of your Bonanza? Seems to me like this is a op-ed piece that ought to be in "Classifieds" if it isn't legit. Not saying you aren't legit, but it is WAY over the top for a serious review.

THanks,

Jim

Nice writeup, Kevin. I'm just curious. What is the N-number of your Bonanza? Seems to me like this is a op-ed piece that ought to be in "Classifieds" if it isn't legit. Not saying you aren't legit, but it is WAY over the top for a serious review.

THanks,

Jim
Jim, I am the manufacturer of B-Kool. Kevin has nothing to do with our company other than he is a customer. He mentioned how pleased he was with the product and I suggested he do a pirep.. I am of course thrilled he did, and will take the blame for his write up. <grin>

When I post anything on B-Kool, I do indeed post in the classified. Kevin was doing something nice for me is all. Its well appreciated as well as gratifying to see how our customers love our product.

Hope this clears things.

bob
928-300-4045
Bob@b-kool.net

Hi Jim,
I understand your suspicion, I am long time lurker here, but never a poster. I do most of my posting over at BeechTalk. I have 1981 A36 Bonanza based in Lago Vista, Texas. I am 1400+ hour pilot and CFII - feel free to look me up on the Airmens registry (I am the only one) and the aircraft database (since that information is available to the public - yet I can't look up the license plate number of the car that nearly runs me off the road. Go figure). Bob asked me to post a Pirep for his product if I was satisfied with it. I am, so I did.
I have no financial interest in B-Kool and I paid for my product.

Here is photo of airplane from the photoshoots over Sedona.

IMG_2170.JPG

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Jim,
I understand your suspicion, I am long time lurker here, but never a poster. I do most of my posting over at BeechTalk. I have 1981 A36 Bonanza based in Lago Vista, Texas. I am 1400+ hour pilot and CFII - feel free to look me up on the Airmens registry (I am the only one) and the aircraft database (since that information is available to the public - yet I can't look up the license plate number of the car that nearly runs me off the road. Go figure). Bob asked me to post a Pirep for his product if I was satisfied with it. I am, so I did.
I have no financial interest in B-Kool and I paid for my product.

Here is photo of airplane from the photoshoots over Sedona.

View attachment 53731

Thanks,
Kevin
That is a nice photo.

Thank you, gentlemen. Sorry for the suspicion and hope you enjoy your cooler all summers to come. It looks like a very nice product.

Jim

Back