PIREP: 2G4

I've been there a hand full of times as its usually on my way when I head east. Very nice airport next to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland. Runway 27 has a bit of an uphill slope to it which makes it fun. decent fuel prices for the general area. They don't have any courtesy cars but do have some rentals at the field you can rent. Runway is in excellent condition and the staff are friendly. What else do you want to know?

I've been there a hand full of times as its usually on my way when I head east. Very nice airport next to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland. Runway 27 has a bit of an uphill slope to it which makes it fun. decent fuel prices for the general area. They don't have any courtesy cars but do have some rentals at the field you can rent. Runway is in excellent condition and the staff are friendly. What else do you want to know?

That's about it--thanks for the help!

Next time you solicit a PIREP for an airport, it might not be a bad idea to include the name in your message. I've been to Garrett County a bunch of times, but don't ask me to remember the identifer, particularily if it is a combination of letters and numbers. By the way, its the highest airport in Maryland and among the highest on the east coast at 2,933ft MSL, so mind the DA. It's only three miles to the lake, but there's a 500 ft elavation change plan accordingly if you were thinking about walking it.

Next time you solicit a PIREP for an airport, it might not be a bad idea to include the name in your message. I've been to Garrett County a bunch of times, but don't ask me to remember the identifer, particularily if it is a combination of letters and numbers. By the way, its the highest airport in Maryland and among the highest on the east coast at 2,933ft MSL, so mind the DA. It's only three miles to the lake, but there's a 500 ft elavation change plan accordingly if you were thinking about walking it.

Thanks, Brad!

Back