Piper Twin Comanche for sale, 74.9k obo

schmookeeg

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Mike Brannigan
Hello,

We are selling our PA30 Twin Comanche, to make room for a Duchess on our flightline.

We chose the PA30 for a few reasons -- mainly I wanted a personal XC machine to cruise to ID and MT from Los Angeles in, and the plane has been maintained as such. Also, we liked the SE service ceiling of 6,600 since it gets hot around here, and naturally the fuel-sipping IO320s were a plus also.

For actual time-building/rental we put about 150 hours on the thing in 3 years, and did no MEL initials -- so she's not thrashed, and we're so far upside down on the thing, we're considering putting VH numbers on her.
biggrin.gif

Specs and pics can be found here: http://www.flycorona.com/85Y/, but in brief:

~4900 TTAF
~60/400 on the engines, both with new millenniums (millennia?). LH still under warranty.
~100/200 on the props.

We've done very right by the maintenance - but without my personal bias/ulterior motive, we are moving to get a pure trainer instead of an actual peoplemover.

Feel free to drop me a line with any questions you might have.

Blue Skies,

- Mike

Nice looking plane!!

BTW you might want to take a look at the size in Mb of those pictures. They sure took a long time to download.

I show less-than-cleverness and greater-than-average-laziness by not making thumbnails of those images, AND simultaneously putting the same link on eBay and AOPA. Figures it'd be here that I don't get away with technical shenanigans like that.. heh!

:sosp: Poor server is brought to its knees right now, and I'm too tired to thumb the things up... guess I'll pay it a visit in the morning :D

Oh Keeeeeennnnnnt....

Yeah yeah... I'm a Twinkie nut. :crazy: Not exactly ready to buy quite yet, though. However, I'd be happy to babysit it and put some time on it. :D

Quick question - How is it that the left engine has 63 hours since 2007 but the left prop has 99 hours since 2008? :dunno:

Looks like a pretty nice plane, but I'd like to see a full panel pic (was it re-done with a 6-pack, or just an overlay of the shotgun? Does it have a modern AI or the old Sperry style? Needle or TC?). Also, how is it that you get 8 hours endurance? 120 gal (standard + tip tanks) is 7.5 hours to dry tanks, and 170 is usually a bit optimistic unless you have a speed mod or three (which I didn't see listed).

Really... It is a nice plane, but not the one for me. I hate Narco anything, and this one has the Narco OBS's still (which turn backwards, darnit!), and I have very little experience with the King GPS but enough to know that I like my Garmin toys. I'd also prefer a C model over a B model over an "A" model, and I'm kind of leaning towards the turbo ones as well. The one that's for sale right now that I'd really like to have has the full Miller conversion (200hp engines, long nose w/baggage, nacelles w/baggage, 154 gallon fuel system), Robertson STOL (much lower Vmc and stall allowing for shorter takeoffs and landings), speed brakes (allowing for steeper approaches and shorter landings), weather radar, radar altimeter, turbos, etc. Of course, it also has the price tag to go with all the toys, but it lacks a GPS (with no accompanying reduction in price).

As for this one, Mike, I wish you luck selling it. Matt's blessing on the gear is a good thing, and a good indicator that your overall maintenance is good. Unfortunately, the market is solidly in the crapper right now. There are at least three Twinkies on the market right now with asking prices under $50K, and I'm seeing VERY little movement. In fact, even the planes that come off the market aren't being sold - Just a couple of weeks ago one reappeared that had come off the market in about March, same seller and all. That one, and another one I've been keeping an eye on, have both been through the cycle twice now. One of them had engines a bit on the high side of mid-time, but nice paint, Garmin 430, S-Tec autopilot, turbo, etc and did not sell after sitting on the market for 4 months, the last 2 of which its asking price was $58,500. :(

Sorry, Kent, didn't see your post somehow.

The one prop was OH before we spun the main bearing on the left engine and OH that.

Agree on Narco stuff, and generally the rest of it.

FWIW, we threw it on eBay and have someone who won the auction and "may swing down if he scrounges up the cash" -- which I think is a pourparler to an eBay flaking, but we'll see. I'm expecting to list it a few more times...

I've reduced the asking price locally to be more inline with reality -- $59,999

Better panel pics are at:

http://flycorona.com/85y/DSCI0265.JPG
http://flycorona.com/85y/DSCI0266.JPG

There was a turbo miller on the market last year, I was always curious what became of it. :D

See ya,

- Mike

FWIW, we threw it on eBay and have someone who won the auction and "may swing down if he scrounges up the cash" -- which I think is a pourparler to an eBay flaking, but we'll see. I'm expecting to list it a few more times...

Yeah... If you win the auction, YOU BUY IT. Someone needs to stick to bidding on my little ponies.

I've reduced the asking price locally to be more inline with reality -- $59,999

Hmmm... :idea: Darnit, you're making me think again. :nono:

There was a turbo miller on the market last year, I was always curious what became of it. :D

Well, now there's TWO turbo Millers on the market. Those airplanes would have sold at the snap of a finger two years ago even if their asking price was >$150K. Now, they sit and rot at $129K and $110K.

Our PA30 has sold, thanks for the interest (and sorry, I forgot to update this 3 weeks ago :) )

Blue Skies,

- Mike

That might have been fun... I think Mike and Kent could stir up some Very Odd Stuff.

--

Kent, when Pilotcast cranks back up in earnest, get Mike as a guest.

Back