Piper PA-31 Navajo crashed about 10 a.m. Tuesday

The article says "good visibility", you say "bad weather". Curious what it really was.

Fished the trophy waters north of Minaki a long time ago and was hauled in by River Air on floats to the fishing cabin. Was a once in a lifetime trip. Spectacular fishing.

Very sad for the small communities up there, I'm sure.

The article says "good visibility", you say "bad weather". Curious what it really was.

Fished the trophy waters north of Minaki a long time ago and was hauled in by River Air on floats to the fishing cabin. Was a once in a lifetime trip. Spectacular fishing.

Very sad for the small communities up there, I'm sure.

Another news report stated that visibility at the town site was such that you could not see across the street.

Quote from CBC news:

"Keesick said the weather there was horrible and she couldn't see far from her front window when the plane crashed a short distance from the home of her brother, who along with his family were the first on the crash scene.

Keesik said she could not believe the Keystone plane would have attempted the flight, given the heavy snowfall.

"Our students were supposed to travel out to the high school today, and when I woke up before eight o'clock I looked outside and it was snowing that bad that I said, 'I guess there's no point in flying today.' And I was surprised to hear that Keystone was coming in," she said.

Keystone Air spokesman George Riopka said while there is no weather station at North Spirit Lake, the forecast that day was deemed to be acceptable. "The pilots do do flight programming or pre-flight planning," he said. "They get what they call [graphical area] forecasts for the area, and the weather was acceptable to fly."

Back