Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
I am looking for info on pipers.

There seem to be two main Piper groups.

1) Cherokee Pilots Association www.piperowner.com

and

2) Piper Owners Society www.piperowner.org
Which group do you belong to and why? I am looking for the best organization to provide information on single engine Pipers.

Apparently the Piper owners society runs in conjunction with the Cessna owners society go figure. I saw them at EXPO but not the Pilots Association. Thanks for your advice.

I belong to Owners adam ,but i should join cherokee too, they both have lots of info. Dave G

Not a member of either one, since I *know* Adam wants to buy my Cherokee, and I'll have to join the Bonanza society or something like that. :D

Cherokee Pilots Assoc. has a pretty good book that is a compilation of various Cherokee tips that have run in their mag. at some time. I got it in hard copy and have found it useful but it would be more useful on CD so you could search it. I think they now have it on CD. I didn't see any need to maintain membership at about $40 a year. I didn't think I was going to learn much more than they had in the book.

The CPA is a great group. If you have a Cherokee, or one of its decendants or nephews, this is the one to join.

I joined that one. The Piper Owner Society one is wider, covering all Pipers. But their forum seems to run a little slower or something. Seems to have a more 'for-profit' kind of feel to it. The CPA is more like a bunch of folks hanging around over coffee.

Join CPA. That's the real deal, although it's a one man show, it's all Cherokees. You'll gain smarts from other members.

The Piper Owner's Society is gets mail from the same mail slot as the Cessna Owners Society. That tells you a bit about THEIR specialization. They specialize in selling magazines which are basically identical for both groups except for the cover.

Back