Piper Mirage or Meridian?

Or reality. As an operator of one of these modern recips, as well as a turbine powered aircraft. Its our reality.

For someone who doesn't seem concerned about spending upwards of $2M on a turboprop I would look at a TBM850.

Or reality. As an operator of one of these modern recips, as well as a turbine powered aircraft. Its our reality.

You may want to change your operating procedures for the recip then.

Me and every other owner? Its a fleet wide issue over two of the most popular modern aircraft.

@tb20pilot

The TBM850 looking very interesting but its price is 50% higher that the price from a piper Meridian. Its the way too much.

And I looked on used Meridians with 200-400 hours and 1-3 Years old.
They costs about 1,2mil USD.

The more longer im looking on this, the more exactly i understand that i would stay at 2 planes to choose from: new Cessna Turbo Stationair or used Piper Meridian.

Richard

Last edited:
Can you get a new Turbo Stantionair that is FIKI? Does anyone have an STC for making it FIKI?

Can you get a new Turbo Stantionair that is FIKI? Does anyone have an STC for making it FIKI?

I dont believe so. You can get TKS, but it's not FIKI.

There are some aircraft with TKS that are FIKI in europe but not here, iirc the Vulcanair / P68 is one example.

The stationair may actually be better as your trip legs are short, and you'll hardly spend much time in the low 20s in the Meridian anyway....and down low the fuel burn is atrocious.

But I don't think you can get a FIKI stationair.

Unless I'm missing something, it would appear that the OP is just planning on flying himself for the most part. Even a Stationair sounds overkill for a single person 180 NM flight. Maybe a DA40 with a diesel option might be a better fit?

@Playa for Real

Yes, Im planning to fly alone for more than 70% of the Time.

My decision and requirements on a Plane are:
At least 50% faster than a Car,
5+ Seats (for Family Members).

Its min. 2 * 180NM this is 2 * 3hours less Time than with a Car.
For "only" 2-3 hours (one way trip) I would not think about a Plane.
But in my case I save ~24hours using a Plane what means allmost 3 working Days in 1 Month.

I can rent Cessna 172/182 (IFR) on very-very nice Conditions.
Buying the same class Plane doesnt make any sense.

Regards,
Richard

Back