Piper Lance (Or Cherokee Six or Saratoga) Alternate Air Control Cable

BGF_Yankee

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
BGF_Yankee
Trying to locate the part number for the cable that controls the alternate air box for my 1977 Lance. I've looked through the parts manual a couple of times, but am just not seeing what I'm looking for. I can find the air box itself and its exploded parts, but I don't see the cable. Has anyone had to replace this, and if so, do you know what the part number is (or where to get it)?

Muncie Aviation in (you guessed it) Muncie, IN.

Those guys know their Piper parts.

Not sure on this specific one, but my A&P typically gets all of his cables custom made. He says 99% of the time it's cheaper. I've got a cable that is messed up on my cowl flap. LoPresti wants something like $750 for the cable itself... because, well, they're LoPresti and they douse it with holy water. So he temporarily rigged it up for now, but also got a quote from his buddy for around $40 for the same cable.

Maybe that's an option?

Actually ended up not needing it. After we started looking into the problem I was having, turned out that the cable was just slipping on the actuating arm in the cockpit. Teaching me once again to check the simple stuff first...lol.

Back