Piper Aztecs for Rent.

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
You guys are all helpful. So my husband is interested in a Piper Aztec to buy. But instead of just buying it and seeing if we like it we'd like to rent one for a little while first. (Yeah I suppose if I were to buy one the previous owner would let us take it out for a bit but that is pretty far into the negoation process)

I'm at KTDZ (Toledo, Ohio) anyone know where we could go to rent a Piper Aztec somewhat locally?

Thanks!

There used to be one on KLZU in Atlanta and I think I saw one advertised in PA.

You guys are all helpful. So my husband is interested in a Piper Aztec to buy. But instead of just buying it and seeing if we like it we'd like to rent one for a little while first. (Yeah I suppose if I were to buy one the previous owner would let us take it out for a bit but that is pretty far into the negoation process)

I'm at KTDZ (Toledo, Ohio) anyone know where we could go to rent a Piper Aztec somewhat locally?

Thanks!
You can search the FAA database for Aztecs in your area, By state and by county. Then you can contact the owners. I did that when I was going to buy a small Beech, since there were none for rent.

I believe Ted still has his. Being a CFI, he could probably give you some transition training. You might have to get to central PA to do it, though.

Good idea Steingar. I have PM'd Ted. Was hoping you'd tell me one for rent in your neck of the woods.

Good idea Steingar. I have PM'd Ted. Was hoping you'd tell me one for rent in your neck of the woods.

Sorry, I haven't seen one and really don't know what someone hereabouts would do for multi instruction. I'll ask the guys at the FBO next time I'm there, assuming my aircraft ever makes if out of annual. I know Ted's is for sale if he hasn't sold it already. He is quite the missionary for twins, and I imagine quite a good CFI, and an even better person to ask about Aztec ownership. I suspect they can be acquired inexpensively, though the upkeep will likely be quite pricey. Good luck.

Thanks!

Hangar1 in Omaha, NE (KMLE) has one for rent. You can't solo it, but they do instruction in it. I assume that's just fine for what you're wanting.

I just called them to confirm that they still had it and what their rental/instruction rates were.

Aztec (PA-23-250): N6671Y - $279/hour (+37/hr for instruction)

Ours was totaled several years ago and we are "only" using a Seneca now.

Sorry, I haven't seen one and really don't know what someone hereabouts would do for multi instruction. I'll ask the guys at the FBO next time I'm there, assuming my aircraft ever makes if out of annual. I know Ted's is for sale if he hasn't sold it already. He is quite the missionary for twins, and I imagine quite a good CFI, and an even better person to ask about Aztec ownership. I suspect they can be acquired inexpensively, though the upkeep will likely be quite pricey. Good luck.

Mine is, in fact, still for sale. Whether or not I'm a very good CFI is another question entirely (I leave that for my students to judge), but with 900 hours in type as owner, I'd like to think I know a thing or two about them.

They definitely can be had cheaply, and are the best bargains out there as far as the light big-bore 6-cylinder twins go. Upkeep isn't bad at all. It's definitely a cheaper plane to operate than the 310 (both on a per hour and a per mile basis). Plus it's more forgiving and has more interior space.

PM responded to. Come on out!

Thanks "KRyan" we're going to Sportys for their fly in on the 19th maybe we'll take a look at it. It's not *that* far.

Back