Pimp my iPOD Touch

Must be something wrong with me. I got a free iPod when I bought my new laptop and all it has on it are tunes.

if you want the most out of your iPod touch, i suggest jailbreaking. if your warranty has already run out, this is definitely the way to go.

it may give you some trouble occasionally, but its worth it in the end. i suggest blackra1n, and cydia, not ROCK.

if you want the most out of your iPod touch, i suggest jailbreaking. if your warranty has already run out, this is definitely the way to go.

it may give you some trouble occasionally, but its worth it in the end. i suggest blackra1n, and cydia, not ROCK.

Why?

I did jailbreak my iPhone ages ago, and did some cool stuff, and eventually I got tired of it and wanted to try new features in a new release that they hadn't cracked yet.

I was *amazed* at how well the phone worked after I went back to the non-jailbroken version.

Unless there's a specific app that you REALLY need that you can't get on the app store, I highly recommend NOT jailbreaking.

Kent, have no fear, I won't be jailbreaking. It took me just shy of two years to finally put regular apps on the darn thing...

Why?

I did jailbreak my iPhone ages ago, and did some cool stuff, and eventually I got tired of it and wanted to try new features in a new release that they hadn't cracked yet.

I was *amazed* at how well the phone worked after I went back to the non-jailbroken version.

Unless there's a specific app that you REALLY need that you can't get on the app store, I highly recommend NOT jailbreaking.

if you like programming or creating apps for free rather then sending apple your money for a license, i recommend jailbreaking. but if you just use it for recreation then just use it as is.

just my 2 cents

Why?

+1. I jail broke awhile back and finally re-jailed it. It instantly became WAY faster and I'm having by far less issues now.

if you like programming or creating apps for free rather then sending apple your money for a license, i recommend jailbreaking. but if you just use it for recreation then just use it as is.

If you write an app that's worth anything, the $100 is meaningless - Charge $0.99 for your app and you'll more than make the $100 back. If you jailbreak so you can write the app for free, well, ya can't sell it either. Heck, you can only give it away to people with jailbroken devices!

You don't have to pay the $100 to write an app, either - You don't need to pay anything until you want to test on device or sell on the app store.

(FWIW, I am a registered, paid, iPhone developer.)

(FWIW, I am a registered, paid, iPhone developer.)

Can you write a program for the iTouch that will download geocache data from the internet while at home, but when out on the hunt display all the day about the geocache without the need to connect back to the internet. YAY :)

Can you write a program for the iTouch that will download geocache data from the internet while at home, but when out on the hunt display all the day about the geocache without the need to connect back to the internet. YAY :)

Umm... Well, I searched for "geocaching" on the iTunes app store, and there are 47 - yes, forty-seven - apps that come up. Are you SURE there isn't already one that'll do what you want? ;)

For the iPhone, the official Geocaching.com app from Groundspeak is the best, as it allows you to get all the information, hints, photos, maps, and even post a log to the website through an easy button in the app. Easier to post from the app than going through safari.

For the iTouch though, you can use it as well, but you won't have the ability to Navigate to the Cache while enroute. You can save down information to a favorites file, and see the information.

There's probably others that hold the information for you too, but I'm not familiar with those.

"SchafferFamily" - 6 Caches hidden in the Lansdale, PA Area, 4 TB released and traveling around, 66 found and counting :D

Back