Pilots or Politics...

LeonardMack

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LeonardMack
Everyday that I visit Pilot of America I click on the new posts to see all the new posts since my last visit.

Today, on the first page of 40 threads, only few were related to flying. The rest were Political arguements!

Perhaps the board should be renamed "Politics of America"!

:)

Perhaps you should block out the spin zone from your forum list. I do and it makes life better. I then have to manually go there to see the threads. To that go into your User CP and then select edit options. Scroll down and you will see a section entitled Miscellaneous Options. In that section you can select to exlcude certain forums from your display. Once you do that Spin Zone will be a distant memory for you.

I wasn't neccessarily complaining - afterall, politics affects everyone!. I just found it odd that there is so much more discussion about politics on a Pilots forum than there is about piloting.

LeonardMack said:
I wasn't neccessarily complaining - afterall, politics affects everyone!. I just found it odd that there is so much more discussion about politics on a Pilots forum than there is about piloting.

Its the time of year. It will taper off after next week.

I also block spin zone, and then every once in a while check to see if I'm missing anything. Don't appear to be.

The Old Man said:
Unless there's disputed elections anyway... *sigh*

smigaldi said:
Perhaps you should block out the spin zone from your forum list. I do and it makes life better. I then have to manually go there to see the threads. To that go into your User CP and then select edit options. Scroll down and you will see a section entitled Miscellaneous Options. In that section you can select to exlcude certain forums from your display. Once you do that Spin Zone will be a distant memory for you.

Dude... we can block forums too? Awesome. :)

This is in the description of the Spin Zone forum:
"The Spin Zone" is the forum for discussions that touch on non-aviation related topics of a potentially highly charged nature. Non-aviation related topics on Politics and Religion are automatically "Spin Zone" topics, and other non-aviation related topics may be moved here from Hangar Talk at the discretion of the Pilots of America Staff. The Rules of Conduct apply in full to this forum as they do to all other aspects of Pilots of America. This forum is provided to allow users to "opt out" of non-aviation topics of a charged, sensitive or otherwise potentially volitile nature. To Opt Out of the Spin Zone (or any other forum), go to the User CP, select Options, and the Opt Out controls are all the way down.

The Old Man said:

I would not put money on that. no matter what happens someone will be dispointed and there will be a whole slew of things to finger point at. :fcross:

smigaldi said:
I would not put money on that. no matter what happens someone will be dispointed and there will be a whole slew of things to finger point at. :fcross:

Yeah, but it'll taper off as soon as the elections are settled. My guess within a week the ratio will be a lot more respectable.

Don't forget also, that its getting mighty cold and snowy in some places. Not easy to talk flying when you don't have the option to fly, methinks.

While not weather related, I can't fly right now either, and I have to TRY to find aviation related things to talk about. That's why I'm writing Pilot FreeStuff and why most of my posts are political, unfortunately. In reality, while politics REALLY interests me, I'm too young to really be the disgruntled republican. heh.

SkyHog said:
Don't forget also, that its getting mighty cold and snowy in some places. Not easy to talk flying when you don't have the option to fly, methinks.

Don't have the option to fly? Bah. This is the best time of year for flying! The air's smooth as glass most of the time (as long as you're not near Scott M :rofl:) and the performance of the birds is unbeatable. While I was in cruise last weekend, DA was a good 1500 feet below my actual altitude. Oh, and I'm seeing 1,600 fpm climbs out of the 182 again. :goofy:

Back