Pilots insurance

rdsigur

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Roandl David Sigur
I have just taken my solo flight in ultra lights a Rans S-12 . However i was so excited about flying i never realized my insurance i have does not cover me. I am looking for flight insurance -- any suggestions and or companies I can contact

AOPA insurance or Avemco Or are you talking about life insurance? Try piclife.com for that

Flight insurance may not cover experimentals or ultralights. You may need to check with those associations for policies that will cover liability and hull value of the aircraft you are flying.

Some life insurance policies do not cover if death is by accident in an aircraft you are flying. Various pilots organizations have information about companies that will provide life insurance for pilots.

USAA for the life or the aircraft/flight? They do my house/cars so why not the plane if they can. ^_^

Life insurance is what I meant. I have yet to hear if they cover aircraft.

I would like to have non-motion insurance on my bird while in my hangar. I have contacted a few places and never heard a thing.

Could it be becuase I am trying to get this on a EAB? It would just be a piece of mind thing knowing my bird is covered when I am not around. I already had someone climb in her and exit on the wrong side, I spend quite a bit repairing that.

Any idea's?

Happy new year everyone and please be safe.

H.A.S.

Insurance is a racket. Its not required by law. You only need hull if you have to please a loan company.

My AOPA Group Life doubled this year. When I called to see why, the nice lady said, "Happy 40th Birthday!"

My response was, "How do I cancel? See ya."

My AOPA Group Life doubled this year. When I called to see why, the nice lady said, "Happy 40th Birthday!"

Luckily through my company I have a lot of life insurance that GA is covered under, it's lower than any off the shelf non ga pilot policy you'll find on the street. I bought every nickel they'd let me buy, It's only guaranteed for the duration of my employment though.

:yeahthat: Or if you're fortunate to qualify, USAA

Sorry USAA, which I qualify for and have had since I was 16, while great for many things falls down royally in two places:

1. Life insurance without aviation exclusion.
2. Aviation insurance.

I had USAA insurance on my plane (underwritten by Gulf Signal for a while, and then USAIG). USAIG decided do ditch out of all Navion (without explanation) and USAA's General Agency failed miserably to find any alternative coverage.

AOPA coverage is good for nobody but AOPA. I shot a quote request to them for life insurance, but they spent so long responding, I gave up.

Unless you have a good personal agent, PIC LIFE is the way to go for life insurance.

Huh.... thought that was a fixed term contract?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Or your hangar/tie down lease but I think OP was referring to life insurance.

My airport required insurance I told them to go to hell. They allowed me an exception 2 years. The third year new manager refused so I moved the plane to another airport. They can go to hell.

i have a really great aviation insurance agent. She insures everything from corporate jets on down. She insured the 737 I used to fly as well as the Dakota. She always got the best rates when we shopped around. I know lots of people that go through her and they say the same thing as me. If you find someone that knows what they are doing you can get insured at a good price.

FWIW, I have USAA life insurance and they have no issue with the fact that I'm a pilot. I called to verify.

Back