Pilot's Audio Update

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
How many of you have used the "Pilot's Audio Update" product? It seems to be from Belvoir, based on the fact that the publisher's listed as Phil Penny, CEO of Belvoir. I received a mailing today and I'm on the fence about it. Being able to use my two hour a day commute more productively is appealing, but I'm not sure of the value of an audio-only format. I already subscribe to (and read) most of the paper periodicals, so I'm not sure I'll get that much new information here. Any experiences? They do mention that Bob Gardner is one of the contributers, so that's a plus.

It is a Belvoir product. I have never subscribed, although I had some exposure to the product when I was affiliated with Belvoir. I was totally unimpressed, although to be fair I only heard material from one of the contributors (not Bob Gardner).

Now.

When Ken starts publishing an audio pilot proficiency product, I'll be interested.

SCCutler said:
Now.

When Ken starts publishing an audio pilot proficiency product, I'll be interested.

Funny, this month PAU is dedicated to Pilot Proficiency. Complete with exercises on how to regain and maintain. I spend a lot of time sitting in commuter traffic, so I subscribed to PAU. Not every issue is applicable to me, but overall I enjoy listening to them. For me, it beats talk radio and the morning disc-jockeys.

The product is absolutely outstanding. It keeps me sharp and informs me of the latest trends. It gives accident reports and tells what went wrong, right and what should have happened. Plus it is very entertaining. It is given by very experienced pilots who are actually quite funny. I highly recommend it.

On another note, after years of subscribing I just got a mailer this week saying that after 30 or so years they are discontinuing the product. I'm extremely disappointed. However, with demand comes supply. So if all of us reading this express an interest I'm sure that we will see this product come back again.

How many of you have used the "Pilot's Audio Update" product? It seems to be from Belvoir, based on the fact that the publisher's listed as Phil Penny, CEO of Belvoir. I received a mailing today and I'm on the fence about it. Being able to use my two hour a day commute more productively is appealing, but I'm not sure of the value of an audio-only format. I already subscribe to (and read) most of the paper periodicals, so I'm not sure I'll get that much new information here. Any experiences? They do mention that Bob Gardner is one of the contributers, so that's a plus.

I guess this is where the term "deathless prose" came from. I haven't contributed for many, many, years, but Belvoir owns the copyright and can do what it will with the segments I recorded. Richard L. Taylor is still the guiding hand, and it is a steady hand. I say go for it.

Bob

I guess this is where the term "deathless prose" came from. I haven't contributed for many, many, years, but Belvoir owns the copyright and can do what it will with the segments I recorded. Richard L. Taylor is still the guiding hand, and it is a steady hand. I say go for it.

Bob
That's alright, note that I did my post back in 2006! :) Topspeak is just pulling a Migaldi! :yesnod:

Back