Pilots and Paws on GMA (12 Sept)

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Anyone besides me see the report on Pilots and Paws this morning on Good Morning America?

Nice report on GA and how they are helping with transporting dogs around the country to keep them from being killed. I kept looking for Ted but did not see him. I am not sure how this group relates to ARF though, maybe it is a different one.

Saw it this morning (since I was home sitting out the WX again!) Great story..thought for sure that was Ted!!

I just wish they hadn't shown the Pilatus and the twin as "typical examples" of GA flying. And the comment that one of the trips cost $2K out of the pilot's pocket, once again, enhanced the public opinion that flying is only for the wealthy.

And the comment that one of the trips cost $2K out of the pilot's pocket, once again, enhanced the public opinion that flying is only for the wealthy.
And flying dogs around doesn't? This whole thing is just flying playing Golf for charity - an expensive way to have fun. :dunno:

I just wish they hadn't shown the Pilatus and the twin as "typical examples" of GA flying.

I don't think the average non-pilot knows the difference between a Pilatus and a C152. They're all just small planes to most people.

There are times when the organizations cooperate, but PilotsNPaws is a different organization from ARF. ARF is set up to facilitate multi-leg flights and PNP is better for single-hop flights.

Pilots'n'Paws is a different organization from ARF. As Peggy said, each one is geared towards different types of transports. ARF is really geared towards long distances, whereas PnP is better for shorter hops. I've never worked with PnP before, mainly because their organization isn't geared towards the sorts of transports I do, and I have no shortage of people coming to me requesting transports without me going out to search for them. So, I wasn't on GMA with them.

However I did have 4 TV appearances this weekend - Spartanburg, SC, two in Syracuse, NY, and Manchester, NH (AdamB also made it in on the last one, but not interviewed). I'll post the links in the thread I started on "Cool Places to Fly." :)

These flights aren't the solution to the problem, they're a band-aid. I try to get that across in the interviews, but of course the TV folk play what they want. I need to get better at making the media segments molded to send the message I'm trying to send.

And flying dogs around doesn't? This whole thing is just flying playing Golf for charity - an expensive way to have fun. :dunno:

better than not having fun while helping others.

Another good point, Tony. :)

I'm looking for Ohioans who are participating in Pilots N Paws? I'm a reporter writing about the effort from the Dayton Daily News.

I'm looking for Ohioans who are participating in Pilots N Paws? I'm a reporter writing about the effort from the Dayton Daily News.
Yes, we know. Really you don't have to post this multiple times here. It will be read. Posting it all over the board is considered bad form. But as I said in your other thread, check with Ted DuPuis here on PoA. He flies for another group very similar to Pilot and Paws and he may be able to help you.

Yeah, I'm from Ohio but can't help you other than to tell you to talk to Ted. He came to Ohio once.

Back