'Pilot Training Systems' - Ground School Substitute?

GB403

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
GB403
For us beginners...I'm interested to know if anyone has used 'Pilot Training Systems'?

The site states 'Register for free to access our training videos, quizzes, practice exams and learning management system. Upon completion of the course, you can go premium for $49.95 to avoid expensive instructor fees and obtain our FAR Part 61 endorsement to take the FAA Exam.'

There are 35 videos and exams covering PPL topics. Can the FAR Part 61 endorsement be a substitute for ground school at the flight school? That would save $350.

http://pilottrainingsystem.com/

Ground school cost me $12(ASA test prep book, which includes practice tests and instructor endorsement) plus a lot of reading the free FAA material. Probably would have done fine without that $12 book, but I can say it was helpful.

Can't speak for what your flight school will accept. I did part 61 training.

Or just borrow someone's king videos.

There is no requirement to attend a "Ground School" for Part 61. There is a requirement to pass a knowledge test, which requires a CFI's endorsement, which usually involves some degree of training, even if it's just reviewing your problem areas with you. There is also a requirement for some "ground training" for certain parts of the Part 61 curriculum (such as for the first solo flight and cross country flights) that will be necessary to some degree whether or not you take a ground school or online training or study from books or whatever.

I have no opinion on Pilot Training Systems.

There is also a requirement for some "ground training" for certain parts of the Part 61 curriculum (such as for the first solo flight and cross country flights) that will be necessary to some degree whether or not you take a ground school or online training or study from books or whatever.
Thanks for the information...

I think for the "drill-n-kill" for the private written you'll do well with Dauntless.

I find the model these guys are using interesting. You can do all the prep you want for free and you only have to pay us for the sign-off? That would suggest you can prep your butt off and then spend an hour with your CFI to review and he can sign. Same relative cost, but much more direct feedback.

I haven't used them formally, but I've found their free content to be helpful.

They have some really practical explanations of some tricky problems. Don't know if the whole course is like that. The narrator's accent is really weird tho, can't figure it out.

Back