Pilot training in kansas

muleywannabe

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Cherokee235
I am in search of a flight instructor in the southeast kansas area. I can drive to oklahoma, which is about a 45 minute drive but would like to fly closer. any suggestions or any of you know anyone? thanks

What city are you in, or nearest?

Go to KFLV - Fort Leavenworth and see Dean Ayres or John Schmidt at Leavenworth Aviation Services...you will not regret your decision.

Good prices, great plane and great instructors.

http://kflv.net/

I would be glad to answer any specific questions you have.

Fort Leavenworth is a bit of a drive from the SE corner of Kansas.

If you're close to the Missouri border then I'd highly recommend Tom Richards @ Lamar...if he's taking new students. His lovely bride, Diana, is here.

Fort Leavenworth is a bit of a drive from the SE corner of Kansas.

If you're close to the Missouri border then I'd highly recommend Tom Richards @ Lamar...if he's taking new students. His lovely bride, Diana, is here.

It would be worth the journey just to meet those two. I have yet to meet Tom, but did neet Diana on one of her trips down this way. She is a great person know.

I am in search of a flight instructor in the southeast kansas area. I can drive to oklahoma, which is about a 45 minute drive but would like to fly closer. any suggestions or any of you know anyone? thanks

I grew up at Fredonia but learned to fly long after leaving the area. Have you check out Independence, Coffeyville, Tri-City, and Chanute airports? Gotta be pilots there that learned to fly somewhere.

There was a guy at Iola/Allen county, I don't know if he is still giving instruction or not... Had a 150/152 or something, and a twin.

I teach out of KWLD- Winfield/Arkansas City. Where are you located and where are you in training?

It would be worth the journey just to meet those two. I have yet to meet Tom, but did neet Diana on one of her trips down this way. She is a great person know.
No doubt! Two of my favorite people in the world.

No doubt! Two of my favorite people in the world.

Awwww.... :redface: You guys are sweet! :yes:

Mike, I hope to get back to my grass strip tour of Texas in the coming year and hope to see you then.

Tim, when are you coming back over this way?

Tom is taking new students. Thanks to our friend Bruce Chien, Tom is back to doing what he loves.

The trainer Tom uses was at Pittsburg while the new runway was being built at Lamar, and now that the Lamar airport is open again, the trainer is back over here.

I live in independence. They used to have training here but not any more :-(

If you haven't already, you might call the airport west of Parsons, Tri-City Airport to see if there is an available plane and instructor there. The phone number is on this site:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KPPF

Back