Pilot shop in San Antonio

Maxmosbey

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
I need to get serious.
I'm going to be in San Antonio next week while my wife is at a conference. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a pilot shop in the area? I am looking for a new headset, and thought that I might pass the time checking them out if there is.

I'm going to be in San Antonio next week while my wife is at a conference. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a pilot shop in the area? I am looking for a new headset, and thought that I might pass the time checking them out if there is.

What conference?

American Society of Training and Development "Techknowledge Conference". It is at the Marriott. My wife is there for the conference, and I'm there to drive the rental car around.

I was thinkin', "what would be the odds of...."

I am going to the annual Texas Construction Law Conference- at the La Cantera... nowhere near the Riverwalk (unfortunately).

Pilot Shoppe.

It's basically across the street from Piedmont (FBO) North on Sandau Road (on west side and parallel to Rwy 12). Coming from the South, take the Jones Maltzberger exit nearest the airport (that'll be AFTER the entrance to the airport), and make a right at the Embassy Suites. That's Sandau. The shop will be a few blocks up on your left.

There's also a shop at Stinson, but the Pilot Shoppe is probably the best stocked in terms of ordinary pilot gear. There's also a nearby shop that sells aircraft parts, fluids, and the like. I'll dig that up is you need it.

Pilot Shoppe.

It's basically across the street from Piedmont (FBO) North on Sandau Road (on west side and parallel to Rwy 12). Coming from the South, take the Jones Maltzberger exit nearest the airport (that'll be AFTER the entrance to the airport), and make a right at the Embassy Suites. That's Sandau. The shop will be a few blocks up on your left.

There's also a shop at Stinson, but the Pilot Shoppe is probably the best stocked in terms of ordinary pilot gear. There's also a nearby shop that sells aircraft parts, fluids, and the like. I'll dig that up is you need it.

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. I googled it, as Mikea did, but you don't get a whole lot of good info from the search, just a few addresses. I don't think that I'll need any parts, fluids or anything like that, but thanks for the offer anyway.

My maternal grandfather, Gordon Bliss, was Executive Director of ASTD prior to his death in 1968. Small world.

Yes it is a small world. My wife is V.P. of an E learning company, and is active in the ASTD. I just told her about your post. For my part, it is a trip to San Antonio.

Last edited:
Go get you some Rudy's BBQ while you're in SAT - it's some of the best available!

Go get you some Rudy's BBQ while you're in SAT - it's some of the best available!

And if you don't feel like driving out to Rudy's, Grady's is right near SAT. It's pretty good, too.

Pilot Shoppe.

It's basically across the street from Piedmont (FBO) North on Sandau Road (on west side and parallel to Rwy 12). ......

Piedmont has been renamed to Landmark. There are two locations, Landmark North and Landmark South. Landmark North is the one across the street from the Pilot Shoppe. BTW, I shop in there quite often. Their prices are normal retail prices. They do have a fairly good selection of pilot supplies.

I am going to the annual Texas Construction Law Conference-
Gee that sounds like a knee slapper of a conference. ;)

One of my friends just finished his required continuing education to keep his license and it was all on trademark law. He practices a lot of that but he felt the need to share with me the details since I actually have some trademarking responsibilities and I am usually the only one to listen to legal discussion on trademarking, copyright, and general IP types of issues. Just when I thought a section of the law could not be more boring, TRADEMARKING and the international law surrounding it.

Last edited:
Back