Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
crew4jets
Company Name: Landmark Aviation

Position: Pilot - Part 91 (Dulles, VA) Description: Tracking Code
Job Description

Responsibilities

Check aircraft prior to flights to ensure that engines, controls, instruments, and other systems are functioning properly
Contact control towers for clearances and instructions using radio equipment, start engines, operate controls
Pilot airplanes to transport passengers or freight according to flight plans
Monitor engine operation, fuel consumption, functioning of aircraft, altitudes, plane weight, weather, and wind conditions before and during flight.
Order changes in fuel, load, routes, or schedules and plan flights according to government and company regulations to ensure flight safety
Comply with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
Be an active participant in fostering safety as the fundamental precept of Landmark’s business, seeking opportunities to enhance safety and bring to the company’s attention issues that have the potential to compromise its safety standards.

Required Skills

Requirements

High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum of 18 years old
Education and training to obtain required licenses and certificates
FAA Airline Transport Certificate
FAA First Class Medical Certificate
3 to 5 years experience
Advanced working knowledge of applicable FCC, FAA, OSHA, and environmental regulations
Proficient in computer operations and software (internet, email, database, spreadsheet, and document)
Excellent customer relation skills required
Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written
Knowledge of simple arithmetic
Possess and maintain valid state driver’s license with driving record acceptable to FAA and Company policy
Ability to perform service operations outside and in extreme temperatures and inclement weather
Requires stretching, bending, and climbing
Excellent vision and coordination
Ability to perform medium to heavy lifting
Will travel extensively and sit for extended periods of time

Job Location
Dulles, VA, US.
Position Type
Full-Time/Regular Address: Corporate Headquarters 1500 CityWest Blvd. Suite 600 Houston, TX 77042
Application info:
http://www.avianation.com/aviation_jobs/jobDetail.cfm?jobID=10053778351&tparm=0

Lifting, stretching, bending, lifting, loading, extreme temps, inclement WX?

Yeah, right.

Isn't that why sherpas were invented?

Company Name: Landmark Aviation

Position: Pilot - Part 91 (Dulles, VA) Description: Tracking Code
Job Description

Responsibilities

Check aircraft prior to flights to ensure that engines, controls, instruments, and other systems are functioning properly
Contact control towers for clearances and instructions using radio equipment, start engines, operate controls
Pilot airplanes to transport passengers or freight according to flight plans
Monitor engine operation, fuel consumption, functioning of aircraft, altitudes, plane weight, weather, and wind conditions before and during flight.
Order changes in fuel, load, routes, or schedules and plan flights according to government and company regulations to ensure flight safety
Comply with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
Be an active participant in fostering safety as the fundamental precept of Landmark’s business, seeking opportunities to enhance safety and bring to the company’s attention issues that have the potential to compromise its safety standards.

Required Skills

Requirements

High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum of 18 years old
Education and training to obtain required licenses and certificates
FAA Airline Transport Certificate
FAA First Class Medical Certificate
3 to 5 years experience
Advanced working knowledge of applicable FCC, FAA, OSHA, and environmental regulations
Proficient in computer operations and software (internet, email, database, spreadsheet, and document)
Excellent customer relation skills required
Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written
Knowledge of simple arithmetic
Possess and maintain valid state driver’s license with driving record acceptable to FAA and Company policy
Ability to perform service operations outside and in extreme temperatures and inclement weather
Requires stretching, bending, and climbing
Excellent vision and coordination
Ability to perform medium to heavy lifting
Will travel extensively and sit for extended periods of time

Job Location
Dulles, VA, US.
Position Type
Full-Time/Regular Address: Corporate Headquarters 1500 CityWest Blvd. Suite 600 Houston, TX 77042
Application info:
http://www.avianation.com/aviation_jobs/jobDetail.cfm?jobID=10053778351&tparm=0

Haven't you seen the movie when Bitchin' Betty is screaming "PULL UP" while 2 manly-men are pulling with all their might to keep from becoming a lawn dart?

First thing: There's no such place as "Dulles, VA". It's a figment of the post office's imagination for the bulk mail facility north of the airport. The 20166 zip where the Dulles Airport Landmark Facility is located is officially Sterling, VA.

Landmark isn't the greatest place in the world after the last ownership change. They pretty much fired the competent people as they were getting paid above minimum wage.

Minimum 18 years of age, ATP required.

Hmm...

Can you get an ATP at 18? Didn't David have to wait (due to age) to get his Comm???

I didn't know you could bypass Comm for an ATP.

Maybe it's legit and they used a professional headhunting firm to create the ad and market the job.

Minimum 18 years of age, ATP required.

Hmm...

Boilerplate goverment contractor recruitment language. You know the guy has to be 35 but you can't write it into the recruitment ad as it is not an official minimum qualification.

Wow, I'm kind of surprised by the negativity. Someone posted a job for pilots when such jobs aren't exactly plentiful and there are only negative comments about it.

Why is this such a bad thing, all the poster did was make people aware of a job opening? I mean if you don't like or want the job don't apply for it but there is nothing wrong with trying to hire someone.

Dulles is considered a community in Northern VA and who cares if they referred to the location as Dulles, VA (it is more specific than Sterling, VA) everyone in the area knows what and where they mean by "Dulles, VA". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulles,_Virginia

Last edited:
You NEED to be 23 for an ATP

Yes. The person who cut and pasted the language from some standard document in his HR handbook probably knows that. This is the same language used to hire the 'electronics technician' and whoever else who is going to work on this contract. As it is a 'AND' condition, it doesn't really matter what minimum age it requires. What seems interesting is that the ad doesn't specify a required type-rating or type to be flown. Suggests that this is not an ad not designed to actually find a qualified pilot but rather an ad designed to fulfill a posting requirement in a (probably goverment) contract. (an ad looking for an actual pilot will say: ATP, 2500hr turbine PIC, Falcon 50 type rating PIC unrestricted, clean enforcement record....)

Knock yourself out.

Wow, I'm kind of surprised by the negativity. Someone posted a job for pilots when such jobs aren't exactly plentiful and there are only negative comments about it.

Why is this such a bad thing, all the poster did was make people aware of a job opening? I mean if you don't like or want the job don't apply for it but there is nothing wrong with trying to hire someone.

Dulles is considered a community in Northern VA and who cares if they referred to the location as Dulles, VA (it is more specific than Sterling, VA) everyone in the area knows what and where they mean by "Dulles, VA". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulles,_Virginia

What seems interesting is that the ad doesn't specify a required type-rating or type to be flown. Suggests that this is not an ad not designed to actually find a qualified pilot but rather an ad designed to fulfill a posting requirement in a (probably goverment) contract. (an ad looking for an actual pilot will say: ATP, 2500hr turbine PIC, Falcon 50 type rating PIC unrestricted, clean enforcement record....)

This. They don't even specify category and class. :dunno:

I still recall when I got a letter from the United States Department of Labor, advising me that I had not been selected for the attorney job at DOL for which I had applied, that the job had been given to another applicant.

Never applied for that job.

Imagine someone screwed up, forgot to intercept that notification letter before it got sent.

They have rules to ensure that jobs are awarded based upon merit, and a sufficiency of qualified applicants helps to make those rules work. As long as no one actually, like, talks to any of them.

The fact that it was the DOL didn't mean they expected a lawyer to actually work, did it?

[/U]
I still recall when I got a letter from the United States Department of Labor, advising me that I had not been selected for the attorney job at DOL for which I had applied, that the job had been given to another applicant.

Never applied for that job.

Imagine someone screwed up, forgot to intercept that notification letter before it got sent.

They have rules to ensure that jobs are awarded based upon merit, and a sufficiency of qualified applicants helps to make those rules work. As long as no one actually, like, talks to any of them.

Bull. I have lived two miles from Dulles airport for the past 24 years and I grew up not more than thirty miles away. This whole "Dulles, VA" nonsense is a relatively new phenomenon and the "Dulles, VA" is NOT specific at all (as opposed to Sterling which has federal standing. Dulles is the official name only of the three zip codes that comprise addresses in the large mail facility north of the airport. It's an allowable name on the zip codes that cover the airport itself.

Bull. I have lived two miles from Dulles airport for the past 24 years and I grew up not more than thirty miles away. This whole "Dulles, VA" nonsense is a relatively new phenomenon and the "Dulles, VA" is NOT specific at all (as opposed to Sterling which has federal standing. Dulles is the official name only of the three zip codes that comprise addresses in the large mail facility north of the airport. It's an allowable name on the zip codes that cover the airport itself.

To describe where an aviation job is based to a potential applicant, 'Dulles,VA' is all he needs to know.
It's really a non-issue. No animals were harmed in the writing of this job description.

Are you saying you don't know where Dulles is when someone says they live or work in Dulles, VA? I lived there for 21 years and grew up by Tysons Corner(ohh wait technically McLean I think) and often heard people refer to that area as Dulles. Pretty intuitive to me when someone says Dulles they mean near Dulles airport but that's just me.

Every time I've been to Signature at IAD my Facebook posts say 'near Chantilly, VA '.

So that must be true.

Both Landmark and Signature is in Loudoun county. Chantilly is in Fairfax. The county line runs through the middle of the airport, but it's no big surprise (tax rates) that almost all the private industry is on the Loudoun side. The only thing down on the Fairfax side is the Smithsonian and various other federal enclaves.

Amusingly, the Eastern Loudoun county yellow pages came out with a picture of the Udvar-Hazy Center on it. That's the more eastern reach of the county (the museum is in western Fairfax).

Back